• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We don't do ticker tape parades for Cricket WC wins though. It's just another pick up from the airport for the uber drivers when the lads bring it home again. It's about as routine as my missus picking up bottles of grog on the way through duty free after a business trip.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
View attachment 38291
What are these blokes doing here? Everyone who played in that final should have sent home and should be on a ticker tape parade. It's not like India are playing their top players either. World t20 in 6 months blah blah its not like these blokes wouldn't be in it. If anything they need to try fresh faces when they get the chance

Piss weak from CA
Is your best T20I side really that far away from the ODI side?

Remove Smith and Marnus and add Stoinis and David and I think that's it, isn't it?

Gob

International Coach
Is your best T20I side really that far away from the ODI side?

Remove Smith and Marnus and add Stoinis and David and I think that's it, isn't it?
David is questionable. Smith had a dream run in the BBL although I'm not sure where he fits in if not opening (now that Head has that place). You can try something funky like Warner moving down but not sure

Warner
Head
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Wade
Stoinis
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlenut

Yeah probably this

Molehill

International Captain
David is questionable. Smith had a dream run in the BBL although I'm not sure where he fits in if not opening (now that Head has that place). You can try something funky like Warner moving down but not sure

Warner
Head
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Wade
Stoinis
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlenut

Yeah probably this
Not exactly a million miles away from the team that couldn't get out of the group stages in home conditions a year ago, if anything, returning even more so to the older generation.

Still feels like Aus haven't really grasped T20.

TheJediBrah

Not exactly a million miles away from the team that couldn't get out of the group stages in home conditions a year ago, if anything, returning even more so to the older generation.

They literally won it a year before that

Spark

Global Moderator

I mean it's worth noting that although they weren't particularly good, they did only lose one game. It's just that that summer was the one summer every ten years where it rains non stop.

Molehill

International Captain
I mean it's worth noting that although they weren't particularly good, they did only lose one game. It's just that that summer was the one summer every ten years where it rains non stop.
It still feels surprising looking at that team how many of them play all 3 formats. It'll be interesting to see how this year takes its toll on some of them. And now the Aussie Summer starts.

Are many of them lined up for the IPL? That's another 2 months right before the World Cup.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What @Gob posted will be a very good T20I side. Not exactly sure what the issue is. Haze has improved a lot as a T20 bowler and Starc, while more off and on, is still amazing on his day. Cummins is hit or miss as a LO bowler but seems to be up for the big games. Zampa and Maxwell are good enough spinners and Stoinis and Marsh can cover any additional overs as needed.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

What @Gob will be a very good T20I side. Not exactly sure what the issue is. Haze has improved a lot as a T20 bowler and Starc, while more off and on, is still amazing on his day. Cummins is hit or miss as a LO bowler but seems to be up for the big games. Zampa and Maxwell are good enough spinners and Stoinis and Marsh can cover any additional overs as needed.
What issue do you mean?

Anyway there's no way David should be in a full-strength side. Cam Green, Turner, Matt Short even Smith if utilised right are better options. I don't think Wade is a serious contender either he'll be done probably after this series tbh

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What issue do you mean?

Anyway there's no way David should be in a full-strength side. Cam Green, Turner, Matt Short even Smith if utilised right are better options. I don't think Wade is a serious contender either he'll be done probably after this series tbh
Crapinfo suggested yesterday that the 5-7 of Stoinis, David and Wade is the best thing about the Australian T20 sides. So maybe they will keep that. Maxwell bats 4 in the IPL and is usually good. So I might go with

Head
Warner
Marsh
Maxwell
Stoinis
David
Wade
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Zampa

Spark

Global Moderator
Crapinfo suggested yesterday that the 5-7 of Stoinis, David and Wade is the best thing about the Australian T20 sides. So maybe they will keep that. Maxwell bats 4 in the IPL and is usually good. So I might go with

Head
Warner
Marsh
Maxwell
Stoinis
David
Wade
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Zampa
Does Stoinis bat down the order for his IPL franchise? I am nowhere near opposed to his selection in T20s as one dayers but he still feels unsuited for batting 5 and below to me.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
David has probably the best ability of all Australian players to just hit from the first ball he faces. Has a basically unprecedented 172 strike rate as an Australian batter (batted higher for Singapore). Should be a shoe in for the WC

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
David's a gun middle order bat, noene else we have can go from ball one in the later middle/death phases like him. Issue is he's abysmal in the field, so where always carrying two bad fielders with him and zampa.