• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Sunil1z

International Regular
Pretty sure Rohit would have batted anyway.
No . We won the toss against Pakistan on same pitch and bowled . Otherwise he is dumb because in a D/N game on a spinners pitch in winters , there is no point bowling second.

Gob

International Coach
Tbh Rohit was massively put off at the toss by Ravi's antics. Bloke was barely keeping it together and I think I saw there were a few glances at Cummins as well who himself was close to tearing it up

Sunil1z

International Regular
Not sure how you missed this before when it was pointed out to you (twice) but if India won the toss they would have batted anyway. Rohit literally said that

Edit: I see now we've progressed to "he said that but didn't mean it", lmao
Yeah , this is the first time , Captains have said something they don’t believe.

Go and watch Amazing Adelaide documentary in which Flintoff said this line” Many times as a captain you say things , you don’t believe it and after that Adelaide Test although he said England still had a chance in the series, he knew deep inside the series was done “.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh Rohit was massively put off at the toss by Ravi's antics. Bloke was barely keeping it together and I think I saw there were a few glances at Cummins as well who himself was close to tearing it up
Most people have probably had a pie-full of Ravi by now.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah , this is the first time , Captains have said something they don’t believe.

Go and watch Amazing Adelaide documentary in which Flintoff said this line” Many times as a captain you say things , you don’t believe it and after that Adelaide Test although he said England still had a chance in the series, he knew deep inside the series was done “.
Your delusion is a self defence mechanism and I respect that

Sunil1z

International Regular
Your delusion is a self defence mechanism and I respect that
The only deluded fellow is you . Australian fans are more deluded than Indian fans . The only reason you are less observed because your population is 25 million and ours is 1.4 billion .
Imagine Indian fans saying this after Gabba Test “ We had a better side than Australia and we thoroughly deserved this victory “ .

Imagine Indian fans saying after BG Trophy 2001 “ We are better side than Aus and Aus never deserved to win “

This isn’t the first time in sports , a less fancied side won and won’t be the last time .Stop acting like a buffoon

TheJediBrah

The only deluded fellow is you . Australian fans are more deluded than Indian fans . The only reason you are less observed because your population is 25 million and ours is 1.4 billion .
Imagine Indian fans saying this after Gabba Test “ We had a better side than Australia and we thoroughly deserved this victory “ .

Imagine Indian fans saying after BG Trophy 2001 “ We are better side than Aus and Aus never deserved to win “

This isn’t the first time in sports , a less fancied side won and won’t be the last time .Stop acting like a buffoon
Bro you are so outta pocket it's hilarious
I really don't see why we have to assume that Rohit was making it up when he said that...? Batting first and dominating the opposition from beginning to end was India's main gameplan for the entire tournament.
It's a defence mechanism, if you blame the toss it just means you were unlucky

Victor Ian

International Coach
If Hardik had not been injured, would Shami have still made the team?

And on the injury, could India have retained Hardik until the finals? I read how one of the winning moves by Australia was not jetisoning Head from the team and keeping his position vacant for him to come back in.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I really don't see why we have to assume that Rohit was making it up when he said that...? Batting first and dominating the opposition from beginning to end was India's main gameplan for the entire tournament.
And it had just worked the game before. It's a ballsy move to change things up at the last minute.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Because that wasn’t the right pitch for it . Even the pitch curator had said , this would be max 310-320 pitch . They asked for a turning track but underestimated Australian resilience and over estimated our middle order .

TheJediBrah

You know what else is funny, if Australia had chosen to bat first and Starc/Haze/Cummins ripped through India in same period under lights and had them 6/50 basically ending the game, the same guys (trundler) blaming the toss now would blame it then as well.

"Australia won the game by winning the toss India had to face the new ball under lights it wasn't fair etc"
^ literally Sunilz

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because that wasn’t the right pitch for it . Even the pitch curator had said , this would be max 310-320 pitch . They asked for a turning track but underestimated Australian resilience and over estimated our middle order .
It's an international competition. They should have just kept their mouths shut and let the curator do his job, which he did, beautifully.

Sunil1z

International Regular
^ literally Sunilz
Australia had IND 2/3 in first ODI . How did it work out ?
Your problem is that you feel you know more about Indian pitches and Indian team than me . And God bless you with your delusion .

Aus deserved this victory just like IND deserved in their group stage . But let’s not pretend that this wasn’t a spinner wicket .

TheJediBrah

Australia had IND 2/3 in first ODI . How did it work out ?
Your problem is that you feel you know more about Indian pitches and Indian team than me . And God bless you with your delusion .
Aus deserved this victory just like IND deserved in their group stage . But t
You're embarassing yourself