• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Spark

Global Moderator
Because that wasn’t the right pitch for it . Even the pitch curator had said , this would be max 310-320 pitch . They asked for a turning track but underestimated Australian resilience and over estimated our middle order .
Yeah but like... he said he would have batted, in the moment. Not way after the fact. There was no real reason for him to think they had an issue at that point.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yeah but like... he said he would have batted, in the moment. Not way after the fact. There was no real reason for him to think they had an issue at that point.
And that is exactly my second point : he overestimated our middle order on these pitches .
Before the Toss it was 60-40 match ( you can see I posted this exactly on 16 Nov ) . After the toss , it became 45-55 . And kudos to Australia , once they seized the advantage they didn’t IND let in ( except 20 overs PP1 both innings)

Spark

Global Moderator
And that is exactly my second point : he overestimated our middle order on these pitches .
Before the Toss it was 60-40 match ( you can see I posted this exactly on 16 Nov ) . After the toss , it became 45-55 . And kudos to Australia , once they seized the advantage they didn’t IND let in ( except 20 overs PP1 both innings)
There is a massive, yawning chasm between "he misread the pitch slightly" (frankly I think everyone did based on what some of the Aus players have said) and "he straight up lied about what he would have done at the toss for some reason"

Sunil1z

International Regular
And I don’t believe IND would have won if this was a flat pitch and we batted first . Even in NZ game ( SF) our bowling was trash except Shami . Even if We had scored 350 , Aus might have chased in 47-48 over.

So pitch isn’t the excuse or toss . Aus had 40% chance of winning this game before toss and they converted it into 100 % by their planning and clutch game play .

Sunil1z

International Regular
There is a massive, yawning chasm between "he misread the pitch slightly" ( I think everyone did based on what some of the Aus players have said) and "he straight up lied about what he would have done at the toss for some reason"
So , you don’t believe Captains can say something they don’t believe in.
You mean fielder’s don’t lie about a bumped catch .
Should I post a video of Ponting and Steve Waugh lying about a bumped catch ?
Captains lie many times , sometimes intentionally and sometimes unintentionally.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So , you don’t believe Captains can say something they don’t believe in.
They do, but not this time
You mean fielder’s don’t lie about a bumped catch .
Should I post a video of Ponting and Steve Waugh lying about a bumped catch ?
Captains lie many times , sometimes intentionally and sometimes unintentionally.
Yeah mate I watched a lot of Ganguly

RIcho

School Boy/Girl Captain
The only deluded fellow is you . Australian fans are more deluded than Indian fans . The only reason you are less observed because your population is 25 million and ours is 1.4 billion .
Your countrymen's inability to master the concept of birth control is nothing to boast about.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Your countrymen's inability to master the concept of birth control is nothing to boast about.
And your unable to produce offspring. You know we call these people impotent . There is a cure for it . You should try it .