• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Also holy **** how bonkers was the single Head took to get a hundred. Utterly suicidal
I know...

They still had a little bit to chase when that happened & it easily could've precipitated a collapse.

Furthermore,it would've completed the '99' set for Head as he was dismissed in the tests against the West Indies on that score 12 months ago playing a ridiculous shot.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Rohit was fine.
Kohli was fine.
Even Rahul was fine. He was playing the Marnus role. But the other guys got out. It happens.
India bowled well. They kept Australia well below 300, batting second, when it was easiest.

Too much is being made of what India could have done when the reason Australia won is because of what they did. They played well. Starc and Cummins finally got their **** together. Bowling wins world cups.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
Who really angers me is this Gill. This is the guy’s home ground for all purposes, this is the match he should have been preparing for his entire life, and he didn’t even get out to a decent ball or a good catch. Meekly flat batted it. Truly disgusting.

Gob

International Coach
Rohit was fine.
Kohli was fine.
Even Rahul was fine
. He was playing the Marnus role. But the other guys got out. It happens.
India bowled well. They kept Australia well below 300, batting second, when it was easiest.

Too much is being made of what India could have done when the reason Australia won is because of what they did. They played well. Starc and Cummins finally got their **** together. Bowling wins world cups.
I think what left to follow and the fact they were in that position for the first time in the trophy made those two extra cautious

Sunil1z

International Regular
I think what left to follow and the fact they were in that position for the first time in the trophy made those two extra cautious
Nah , we were in a similar situation against England and scored even lower .

Only difference was Head didn’t get out and Stokes got out cheap in England game .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think that's off the mark and you can't really pin this on the batting capabilities of your no 8. India had the strongest top 7 in the tournament really and those guys have to deliver when it counts.

Look at SA with Jansen coming in at 7 and nothing much after that. That tail didn't stop Miller from scoring a 100 with a SR of 87 when he came in at no. 6. Even if you take the Aussies, Maxwell scored his double when they were 7 down for 90ish with only Cummins left with any kind of decent batting ability. These guys didn't care about the batting ability of the tail, they stood up when their team needed them, took the risks, played their shots and delivered when it mattered.

India's batting didn't work because they did not perform under pressure. Rahul and SKY struggled to get it away and Iyer got out playing a poor shot. Jadeja came in ahead of SKY to try and build an innings but he failed at that. Gill miscued one. All these guys are top players who can win games on their own. They don't need a number 8 to give them a safety net.

De Silva was on a radio station today morning and I was listening in as I drove in to work. Some of the questions centered around his 100 in the finals and also his knock in the SF against India. Not once did he talk about the batting ability of the tail giving him freedom in his approach or impacting his mindset on those days. His main comment was regarding on-field experience to deal with the pressure of the situation. In fact, I've found the clip online so here you go (he talks about it towards the end of this):

I dont think you need to explain that tbh. It was obvious in the game. He got out when they were still in a sort of a "2 wickets here can trigger a collapse" but they had test blockers in Mahaname and Tilakaratne at 6 and 7 who both got 50s as well, if I am not wrong. They did not even get much of a move on at the slog. They just stayed in to get to 250.

subshakerz

International Coach
Rohit was fine.
Kohli was fine.
Even Rahul was fine. He was playing the Marnus role. But the other guys got out. It happens.

I don't know how anyone can say that with a straight face. It was a totally flat bowling performance.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Well done again to Australia. A very serious organisation. The most successful cricketing nation.

I'm taking a break from here for personal reasons. Hope everyone stays well.
Hope all is well mate, I had a really bad time of it last year and the first quarter or so of this year.

Hence will further reiterate my apology to you for the other week, was completely uncalled for. Got angry at England and lashed out at you for some reason.

Good poster and hopefully see you back on here again sooner rather than later.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
In fairness, Starc contributed a few times as well - mind you, so did Zampa against England, which actually goes to show that it's as much a mindset and application thing as anything else as Zampa is as much of a #11 as the Indian bowlers.
Nah zampa averages like 25 with the bat in fc cricket. He can hold a stick, even if he's not anywhere near that level anymore.