• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

subshakerz

International Coach
Pissed at whom? India not winning these things is a deeper problem than the people out there because various different combos all end up losing in various ways. My sad to pissed ratio is about 80-20.
Pissed at the core of the team. They really have zero excuses for not having a trophy time after playing 3 LOI WCs, 3 T20 WCs, Champions Trophy and 2 ICC Test finals. All the talent, resources and support you can imagine. Inexusable.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone would think they've disgraced themselves the way some people are going on about things.

Ultimately they had a great tournament, but on the day they just came up against a team that played better than they did. No shame in that. It is literally the nature of knock out sporting competitions ffs. Happens all the time in basically any sport that has competitions in this format.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Pissed at the core of the team. They really have zero excuses for not having a trophy time after playing 3 LOI WCs, 3 T20 WCs, Champions Trophy and 2 ICC Test finals. All the talent, resources and support you can imagine. Inexusable.
Agree to your point. After playing so many wc and champion trophy in the past 10 years and easily qualifying in all of them, they couldn't even win a single trophy. I think this team can't handle the pressure against a quality side.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am not sure. This is a larger problem I think than the individual faces. We can;t be like certain neighbors of hours where every once in a while they change faces and expect different results. This has been going on for a while, with different management, different core players, etc. Have to look at it objectively and as a system instead of vilifying individuals (as much as I want to vilify Siraj).

Start with looking at minimum fitness, fielding and catching standards at the state (and lower) levels. If you want to play Ranji or any state level competition, the fitness standard should be at least as high as the national team. Get that in from an early age. Looking to make sure everyone at least tries to develop their secondary skills so you don't end up with four number 11s. Looking at sport psychologists and other support from earlier on to give players the tools to handle the immense pressure and other things. The goal should be an increase in professionalism (in all aspects) at progressively lower and lower levels.

There was a point (not too long ago) where you could say well we just didnt have the fast bowling talent, or we didn't have the pitches, or whatever else. Now those excuses are gone, but if the wins don't follow (ICC tournament losses, two straight WTC Championship losses, etc), have to get an objective analysis of the structure and have to examine everything closely from the bottom up.

subshakerz

International Coach
Anyone would think they've disgraced themselves the way some people are going on about things.

Ultimately they had a great tournament, but on the day they just came up against a team that played better than they did. No shame in that. It is literally the nature of knock out sporting competitions ffs. Happens all the time in basically any sport that has competitions in this format.
Oh please. Let's keep it real. There is no disgrace in losing a tightly fought game. There is disgrace in losing a one-sided game at home after dominating a tournament. We were all expecting, minimum, India to be ultra competitive.

There is some shame in this final performance, particularly in the bowling. They were the best tournament bowling unit arguably in cricket history and then mysteriously all five bowlers have an off day on the final?

They bottled it and deserve some flack for that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh please. Let's keep it real. There is no disgrace in losing a tightly fought game. There is disgrace in losing a one-sided game at home after dominating a tournament.

There is some shame in this final performance, particularly in the bowling. They were the best tournament bowling unit arguably in cricket history and then mysteriously all five bowlers have an off day on the final?
Your face is shameful and your posts are a disgrace

subshakerz

International Coach
I am not sure. This is a larger problem I think than the individual faces. We can;t be like certain neighbors of hours where every once in a while they change faces and expect different results. This has been going on for a while, with different management, different core players, etc. Have to look at it objectively and as a system instead of vilifying individuals (as much as I want to vilify Siraj).

Start with looking at minimum fitness, fielding and catching standards at the state (and lower) levels. If you want to play Ranji or any state level competition, the fitness standard should be at least as high as the national team. Get that in from an early age. Looking to make sure everyone at least tries to develop their secondary skills so you don't end up with four number 11s. Looking at sport psychologists and other support from earlier on to give players the tools to handle the immense pressure and other things. The goal should be an increase in professionalism (in all aspects) at progressively lower and lower levels.

There was a point (not too long ago) where you could say well we just didnt have the fast bowling talent, or we didn't have the pitches, or whatever else. Now those excuses are gone, but if the wins don't follow (ICC tournament losses, two straight WTC Championship losses, etc), have to get an objective analysis of the structure and have to examine everything closely from the bottom up.
I think this is shortchanging all the success in Indian structure the last decade though. Kohli introduced a fitness regime in his time as captain and they built up a formidable fast bowling unit. Like I said, they had all the tools and their bilateral series record outside ICC tournaments in ODIs was very impressive.

subshakerz

International Coach
Your face is shameful and your posts are a disgrace
I am just trying to justify my response why the team deserves to be criticized rather than just have the 'off day at the office' excuse.

You can't be THAT good in the tournament and THAT bad in the final. It's just...wrong. I am annoyed they played so below their ability.