• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
why do broadcasters think that we care about having ex-players in the comms box??

ex players should be fort punditry only. can't think of an ex player who has become an amazing or listenable commentator
Benaud was and is the best commentator of any sport ever.

Bumble, Gower, Nasser,Athers were and are amazing for me.

I like Ponting and Gilchrist. Warney was a lot of the time too.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Watching cricket from the non-striker's end.

Honestly, the only ones I can even blame here are Shreyas and Gill. Rohit was always gonna bat one way only. Gill and Shreyas played nothing shots in a high pressure game.

But then again that is the tax of LO cricket, when your batsmen are always thinking runs there will be daft shot, both the nothing ones and the ones where batsmen are actually looking for a boundary. Having guys who can bat at 8 and 9 (and hit) is such a crucial part of the LO game now, as well as having 2 proper bowlers and 1 other option in the top 7. Our IPL sides give us those options but we never try them.
Fair call. Otherwise, fantastic bowling and use of sluggish conditions by Aussies.
We haven't choked or played bad cricket, opposition have been good so far. We have capabilities to use the conditions better than Aussies, providing the conditions will remain the same.