• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I’m hearing this a lot lately but I really don’t remember much reverse swing happening in the one-ball ODI era. As I remember it the extra new ball was introduced to make things easier for the bowlers? Have I got that wrong?
idk but bowlers do believe that

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m hearing this a lot lately but I really don’t remember much reverse swing happening in the one-ball ODI era. As I remember it the extra new ball was introduced to make things easier for the bowlers? Have I got that wrong?
It definitely makes it less likely that you'll see reverse iml.

Has also kinda killed the part time spinner apart from a new anomalies. That may not necessarily be a bad thing I guess.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought they just wanted to make the game more casual friendly( read batting friendly). 2 new ball killed reverse swing which drastically reduced the effectiveness of pace bowling.
But made it more productive for pacers in the beginning of the innings.

Meanwhile it's seriously been detrimental to spin bowling in particular as they have suffered a great deal having to bowl with relatively new balls.

Bolo.

International Captain
Was mostly introduced cos the white ball was getting discoloured And hard to see IIRC.

Teja.

Global Moderator
NZ need 308 runs @ 9 rpo atm with Rachin gone.

Cricinfo Win Probability: NZ 10.90% • IND 89.10%

I have an unhealthy obsession with this but :laugh:.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is great batting. Nothing in it for the bowlers atm. This'll turn into a close game if these two can stay in fir an hour. Runs aren't going to be hard work in these overs.