• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Teja.

Global Moderator
How the **** does cricinfo probability model have India only at 85.69% at 397 in 50 overs. It was already about 82% when India was 150/1 at 20 overs. It just seems suss af and capped in some dodgy way.

The odds have India at roughly 95% favourite which seems about right.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How the **** does cricinfo probability model have India only at 85.69% at 397 in 50 overs. It was already about 82% when India was 150/1 at 20 overs. It just seems suss af and capped in some dodgy way.

They want you to gamble.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

I think it is hard to go above 86% when you consider that the highest ever target set was chased.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rare to see an innings where every batsman that batted for a significant amount of time did an amazing job and performed their role to perfection. Rohit dgaf and going full jayasuriya, cake from Gill and kohli, Iyer with the acceleration and kl disproving his own strike rate is overrated thesis.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our bowling has been so weak throughout pretty much all of this tournament, and India exploited that ruthlessly today.

Our batting has carried us this far, but I reckon we've left them with too much to do this time. I'm off to bed.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic work, India. Far more switched on than NZ and have one foot in the final already.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Southee hit a century but only one to show something in the wickets column. Boult just got 1. Rest all wicketless

King Kane

International Debutant
Southee was gassed at the end, I don't think he bowled that badly for the most part, he took 3 wickets but he just served up too many slot balls.

Ideally Henry would have been bowling instead of him, Southee should only be a test bowler these days.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think it is hard to go above 86% when you consider that the highest ever target set was chased.
I might very well slip on the sword of probability here but there is no way that India are below, conservatively, 90% in this situation. I say this as a cynical and pessimistic India fan.

More than anything, what is weird is that if 397/4 is 85%, how was 150/1 82%?