• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Andyhere

International 12th Man
What is the general opinion of posters regarding 2019 WC semi-final ?
Did India fail with the bat or bowl ? I consider batting to be the failure, but there are some people who believe NZ scored 20-30 runs above par on that wicket.
NZ got lucky. If the game had finished the same day India would've easily won. They got better conditions the next day.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ got lucky. If the game had finished the same day India would've easily won. They got better conditions the next day.
While I don't doubt that the break in play helped NZ more than India (mainly because it gave NZ time to regroup and come up with plans), there was no real advantage to batting on day 1 v day 2. It was overcast and the pitch was kinda sticky on both days.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I seem to recall at the time that conditions looked better on the second day. NZ were definitely able to get some quick runs to finish their innings that I'm not too sure they'd have been able to manage on the first day.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That makes no sense at all. Taylor had to slow down before the day 1rain with DLS and wickets, restart his innings on day 2, and then India had better batting conditions for their innings. Surely NZ would've won by more.