• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain
how many ****ing ODI World Cups have you won in the last 30 years? Ah yes, ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERO

That is also the same number of Olympic medals won by Pakistan in the last 30 years. Largest country to have not medaled in the Olympics in the last 7 editions.

It is the fate of every Pakistani to watch India succeed in every walk of life as the countries diverge further, and feel envy and depression. It will be a long painful life for most of you who wants India and Pakistan to remain "sem2sem".

There was lots of soul searching and sadness in Pakistan when India's moon mission succeeded. Don't worry, we will give you more reasons to feel bad throughout the years.
I was angry too at him , glad u bodied him lmao ,nice post ,
I dont hate any neighbours and love some of their cricket players too , but if anyone spreads hate dont expect something good in return.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So so excited for the match tomorrow. Having high hopes on the Indian team and I really hope they don't disappoint. If India win the toss and bat first, I give them a 90% chance and if they field, then it will be 50-50 due to the menacing swing in the second innings and Boult's tenacity to pick up early wickets.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think Dravid deserves a lot of credit for that as well tbh. One thing we know about Dravid is, while soft-spoken, he is one of those guys who will stand by his thought processes come hell or high water. Its the same reason we saw Shreyas and Rahul walk back into their positions when they came back from injury. It has been a stance he has always been on, consistently.
Fair. But we didn't see this in last T20 World Cup. We weren't sure about DK vs Pant selection. And India for no comprehensible reason ditched the "new approach" (the England way) after 2 years of persisting with it.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So so excited for the match tomorrow. Having high hopes on the Indian team and I really hope they don't disappoint. If India win the toss and bat first, I give them a 90% chance and if they field, then it will be 50-50 due to the menacing swing in the second innings and Boult's tenacity to pick up early wickets.
It's definitely not 90% if India wins the toss. More like 60-65%

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Toss factor might be over-emphasized at Wankhede. Apart from Australia against Afghanistan, weaker teams have batted 2nd in this world cup at the ground. Historically I don't recall Wankhede having such a reputation.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Toss factor might be over-emphasized at Wankhede. Apart from Australia against Afghanistan, weaker teams have batted 2nd in this world cup at the ground. Historically I don't recall Wankhede having such a reputation.
Yeah India chased down 275 in the 2011 wc final after losing both openers early to Malinga's swing.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
A few too many things have to go right for NZ to win this IMO, though they were the team that probably gave India the biggest headaches in the league game. Especially when you compare the bowling attacks, there’s no getting away from the NZ 6th bowler issue (though Ravindra and Phillips have done their best).

Fully fit Jamieson would still be a slightly better selection than Southee IMO, but they’re not going to veer in that direction (neither of them is Henry in white-ball TBH). Hope Boult is suitably fired up as we could be looking at his last appearance(s) in international cricket for NZ.

Another change they may consider for the KO stage is Neesham back in for Chapman, as KW and team generally favour experience in these situations.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah India chased down 275 in the 2011 wc final after losing both openers early to Malinga's swing.
Regardless, we don't want India to chase 300+. Not because Wankhede has demons but because India has had a terrible record chasing big totals for 5+ years now. Last time India chased 300+ against a team participating in this world cup was way back in 2017 when Kedar Jadhav paired up with Kohli (India has since chased 300+ against West Indies but they have been a declining team for a long time).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fair. But we didn't see this in last T20 World Cup. We weren't sure about DK vs Pant selection. And India for no comprehensible reason ditched the "new approach" (the England way) after 2 years of persisting with it.
How players play is also ultimately on them. What I mean is selection decisions. I wont credit Dravid for Rohit deciding to be a Jayasuriya finally, which is something we have always lacked and had been an issue over the last 10 years. And I wont blame Dravid for the same batsmen growing timid in the T20 WC.

Shri

Mr. Glass
nz are tough opponents for us

10-15 overs of new ball swing available under lights at least but they are the team who knows how to play swing best. ball also turns very briefly before dew sets in until 25th over or so.

but it will be a nightmare to play only if it is around mid 140s. swing at lower speeds can be seen off without too much damage from the bowlers.

southee is slow and boult is not quick as he used to be but more skillful with experience. ferguson can be scored off. santner will bowl 10 overs for 1-2 wickets conceding only 40-50.

we need to do really well if we bowl first or get 320+ if batting first

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I know it's rough on Chapman but I also agree that Neesham might be a better option for this game, loves these crunch games and plus does give us an extra pace option even though he's liable to get whacked a bit.