• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Otago going to escape with a draw? 9 down, last pair survived 6 overs and then the rain came.

Foxcroft batting 11 so I guess he's injured.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Otago going to escape with a draw? 9 down, last pair survived 6 overs and then the rain came.

Foxcroft batting 11 so I guess he's injured.
Looks pretty dark out there.

Have a look at the replay of Foxcroft's 4 at 240-9. Clearly limping after the shot's played. Nothing other than boundaries since he came in. Might be the hammy?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Sandeep Patel finally gets an opportunity and proceeds to hit a quick fire 145…

Yeah he’s played one first class game before this but that was the game where ND lost their entire team to a covid test and debuted about 7-8 players. Talented kid can bowl some decent medium pace too.

ND have 5/6 guys around his age that have just never been given a shot. Need to move on from the likes of Raval, Hampton’s etc and blood more of these kids before they chuck cricket in which a couple of them did this winter
I was going to say I hope Taylor Bettleheim and Fergus Lellman get some opportunities. Just looking at the A team games it looks like Bettleheim is playing for CD A now.

Good hundred for Tashkoff for Wellington A.

Howsie

International Captain
I was going to say I hope Taylor Bettleheim and Fergus Lellman get some opportunities. Just looking at the A team games it looks like Bettleheim is playing for CD A now.

Good hundred for Tashkoff for Wellington A.
Yep Bettelheim is another one. Leading run scorer in Fergus Hickey cricket and wasn’t close to getting a run for ND even after putting on runs for ND A too.

He’ll play for CD before the summer ends no doubt. Kid can play.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Field back playing, positive sign
Hmmm. Not so much only giving him 5 overs whilst Dudding (must have been bowling well) gets 20.

What's the scoop on this Joshua Brown who scored 94 down at #8, @Howsie? I can see he's originally a South African who Cricinfo have down as "right arm fast". I remember that he played in that bizarre COVID impacted ND line-up versus Wellington and looks like he did alright in that. Doesn't look "fast" though, from the replays of that game.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Where is Tim Pringle btw? I googled and got this, so I'm guessing still not recovered?

Tim Pringle, who was listed originally to travel with the squad (Netherlands) for the pre-tournament camp in Bengaluru between September 19 to 28, has been withdrawn.* "There's actually been a development with Tim Pringle: He's picked up a couple of niggles, so he actually won't be coming to the pre-World Cup camp in Alur," head coach Ryan Cook said. "He's obviously coming back from quite a big operation and we have been tracking his progress." Pringle, 21, who played for Netherlands in the T20 World Cup last year in Australia, last played this March, turning up for Northern Districts in the Plunkett Shield. According to Cook, Pringle had suffered a fracture, but the nature of injury is not known.

Howsie

International Captain
Hmmm. Not so much only giving him 5 overs whilst Dudding (must have been bowling well) gets 20.

What's the scoop on this Joshua Brown who scored 94 down at #8, @Howsie? I can see he's originally a South African who Cricinfo have down as "right arm fast". I remember that he played in that bizarre COVID impacted ND line-up versus Wellington and looks like he did alright in that. Doesn't look "fast" though, from the replays of that game.
Yeah definitely not “fast” by any means haha. 130-135, pretty springy though. Stuck behind half a dozen quicks here though might have to move to get a shot

Howsie

International Captain
Flem’s soon to be new favourite player Taylor Bettelheim just racked up century number one for CD A. This kid has been a beast for the Bay of Plenty and Waikato Valley the last couple of years.

Should’ve been given a shot of ND last summer but wasn’t and now here he is, about to join the likes of Parkes and Gibson’s of the world playing for another province.

I reckon he could play for New Zealand one day. Very determined guy. Obviously talented.

ataraxia

International Coach
Averages a catch a match + bat avg starts with a 4 + scored 100 (105) this week for ND A +

1699163561229.png

why Popli dropped
why Popli dropped
why Popli dropped

Anyway, he's back now – thanks to injury.

Bogue should be hoping Ebrahim is gone by the time he's 18.
tbf if there's one thing Otago do, it's pick youngsters (so long as your name isn't Wheeler-Greenall). The selection's atrocious but they do have an excellent crop of batsmen coming through.

DavidUK

Cricket Spectator
Averages a catch a match + bat avg starts with a 4 + scored 100 (105) this week for ND A +

View attachment 37972

why Popli dropped
why Popli dropped
why Popli dropped

Anyway, he's back now – thanks to injury.

tbf if there's one thing Otago do, it's pick youngsters (so long as your name isn't Wheeler-Greenall). The selection's atrocious but they do have an excellent crop of batsmen coming through.
They dropped Lockrose for the 2nd game even though he batted really well and was the 2nd top scorer in the 1st game. They seriously missed having a spinner instead relying on untold overs from Foxcroft which all went straight on!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In light of the Black Caps' struggles, bowlers bowlers all we need is bowlers.

Opened the scores just now and saw a match involving Otago had started with 12/3, so just assumed it was Otago batting things. But no, CD in strife!