• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He looks like someone who is quick, but seems even quicker because of the way he whips through his action. Looks he hits the seam a lot too. I'm a little worried about his back though.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
If the latter is true then yes sounds like he's a keeper first. Though I wondered if Fletcher might've left of his own accord, Hay was just the best remaining wicketkeeping option and so they pushed him down the order too.
He was getting pushed in the keeping direction by NZA as well (based on almost zero keeping for Canterbury, with Fletcher there). Someone obviously rates him. Which seems a fair enough punt, based on his output.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Another tough year ahead as a Volts supporter. 😢
Looks like Otago have picked up Jamal Todd who sounds hugely promising and played in that UAE league last season. His team featured number of internationals including Woakes, Stoinis, Moen Ali and Gurbaz the young Afghanistan opener. Some nice boundaries, including one off Jamieson through the covers in this round.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Otago have picked up Jamal Todd who sounds hugely promising and played in that UAE league last season. His team featured number of internationals including Woakes, Stoinis, Moen Ali and Gurbaz the young Afghanistan opener. Some nice boundaries, including one off Jamieson through the covers in this round.

Think that one off Jamieson might be a bit generous....looked gully to me.

Jamal's dad, Corey, played for NZ's indoor team with Andre Adams, Iain O'Brien etc. Played in the World Cup that SKY televised in NZ back in 2002. His uncle is Keeley Todd who played for Auckland, too. So there's a decent pedigree there

jcas0167

International Debutant
Think that one off Jamieson might be a bit generous....looked gully to me.

Jamal's dad, Corey, played for NZ's indoor team with Andre Adams, Iain O'Brien etc. Played in the World Cup that SKY televised in NZ back in 2002. His uncle is Keeley Todd who played for Auckland, too. So there's a decent pedigree there
Must be decent as he's keeping Ollie White out of the team.

Oh, just saw this. http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/threads/nz-domestic-season-2023-24.89983/post-5083086

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

That's gotta be some good experience, though not a patch on cutting his teeth against the might of @thierry henry's thunderbolts in indoor cricket iirc.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Are the videos in the scorecard really bad (jerky) for anyone else? Across devices for me. Some are almost pointless.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are the videos in the scorecard really bad (jerky) for anyone else? Across devices for me. Some are almost pointless.
I did have that the other day with one of the Wellington innings, but other matches have been fine (and other innings from that same match) but yes, the jerky style is exactly what I had.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
There was one match, I think it was Auckland vs ND, where many of the video clips had frequent intermittent pauses. If that's what you're talking about, no it's not just you .