• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Find a better bowler peak (min 33 Tests) than this (protip, you can't)

shortpitched713

International Captain
Getting into strike rate, when Murali bowled his overs he might have been taking his wickets at a quicker rate per time. How long did waqar take to bowl an over? How long did Murali take?
Entertainment is more about time rather than balls.
Better argument for Murali might be WPM.
Don't think wickets per unit time is that important of a measure for helping one's team, honestly.

Coronis

International Coach
I don't know about that. Watching peak West Indian fast bowlers run in all day at 10 overs an hour is a **** load more entertaining that a watching a part-time finger spinner zoot through 20
I’d rather sit and watch a marathon than guys running 20 meters with a 5 min break between each run.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
View attachment 37926

I'd probably take Waqar's superior strike rate here, but it's definitely very comparable.
Hadlee's peak using your criteria is 33 Tests , Waqar Younis' peak is 33 Tests.
Despite Waqar Younis having a better Strike Rate ,Hadlee still took 1 more wicket in the same peak, at a better average and economy.

In terms of fifers , Waqar Younis got 19 , Hadlee also got 19 5-fors BUT Hadlee got 9 10-wicket hauls compared to Waqar Younis' 4 10-wicket hauls ..

In terms of opposition it's not even close , let me make an XI of players Hadlee got out atleast twice in his 4 year peak :

1.Gordon Greenidge
2.Graeme Gooch
3.Viv Richards
4.Javed Miandad
5.Zaheer Abbas
6.Allan Border
7.Jeffrey Dujon (WK)
8.Kapil Dev
9.Abdul Qadir
10.Joel Garner
11.Bob Willis

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Hadlee's peak using your criteria is 33 Tests , Waqar Younis' peak is 33 Tests.
Despite Waqar Younis having a better Strike Rate ,Hadlee still took 1 more wicket in the same peak, at a better average and economy.

In terms of fifers , Waqar Younis got 19 , Hadlee also got 19 5-fors BUT Hadlee got 9 10-wicket hauls compared to Waqar Younis' 4 10-wicket hauls ..

In terms of opposition it's not even close , let me make an XI of players Hadlee got out atleast twice in his 4 year peak :

1.Gordon Greenidge
2.Graeme Gooch
3.Viv Richards
4.Javed Miandad
5.Zaheer Abbas
6.Allan Border
7.Jeffrey Dujon (WK)
8.Kapil Dev
9.Abdul Qadir
10.Joel Garner
11.Bob Willis
He had less competition tho.

Victor Ian

International Coach
So let's say in a session, waqar bowls 6 overs. You sit through a session an watch one wicket fall.
But Murali would bowl 12 where you would see 1 and a bit fall. Murali strikes at a better rate. Murali gets the opposition out quicker.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
So let's say in a session, waqar bowls 6 overs. You sit through a session an watch one wicket fall.
But Murali would bowl 12 where you would see 1 and a bit fall. Murali strikes at a better rate. Murali gets the opposition out quicker.
But can Murali bowl 150 kph inswing yorkers?