• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Points Table/Standings

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So a 3rd consecutive defeat coming up for NZ.

Next up is Pakistan and that won't be easy for NZ battling so many injuries. I think Pakistan might be favs going into that match.

Then it will all come down to NZ v SL and Pak v Eng (and possibly Afg v SA) to determine who goes through between NZ, Pak and Afg.
You're forgetting Australia losing to England and Afghanistan

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
You're forgetting Australia losing to England and Afghanistan
Thats also more possible now with Maxwell out

Aus's NRR might save them though, as I don't see them losing a game by a big margin and they have Bangladesh last to make up the NRR too.

King Kane

International Debutant
We are doing our best to breathe some life back into this tournament and keep the race for the semi finals interesting.

Owzat

U19 Captain
worst toss decisions, kiwis gain a second entry of choosing to bowl and conceding 350+

elected to bowl/field
SAF 428/5 vs SRL
SAF 399/7 vs ENG
AUS 388/10 vs NZL
AUS 367/9 vs PAK
ENG 364/9 vs BAN
SAF 357/4 vs NZL*

elected to bat
ENG 156 vs SRL
AUS 199 vs IND
BAN 204 vs PAK
SRL 209 vs AUS

in case anyone was in any doubt the kiwis have won four tosses and chosen to chase every time, won the first two mind....

*only eight totals of 350+ posted batting first (only ONE chasing), two by sides opted to bat, all defended unsurprisingly. Only four totals of 300+ chasing, although kiwi 383 is one of the highest first or second.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
erm no it wouldn't, can imagine a la 1996 semi what would happen were India to not have things all their own way
True. Hey listen, on their day, any of the major sides can win and it’s not like Indias record vs NZ is outstanding. But the prospect of that match is salivating. Would actually make me invested in LO stuff.

ma1978

International Debutant
I think people may have overrated New Zealand because they played minnows like England early on.

it’s the equivalent of winning against Rast Africa

loterry1994

International Debutant
South Africa look the best team so far lot of their players have found form. They’ve put on some big scores, they’ve bowled teams out for under par scores, had some tough chases. No team in the top 4 looks overly dominate though their are certain weaknesses for all those teams that come semi finals time could open up.

Molehill

International Captain
South Africa look the best team so far lot of their players have found form. They’ve put on some big scores, they’ve bowled teams out for under par scores, had some tough chases. No team in the top 4 looks overly dominate though their are certain weaknesses for all those teams that come semi finals time could open up.
Yet to spot the Indian weakness.

And SA have had 2 chases, they failed in one and nearly in the other. If you bat first it looks a surefire way to put them in trouble.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yet to spot the Indian weakness.

And SA have had 2 chases, they failed in one and nearly in the other. If you bat first it looks a surefire way to put them in trouble.
Didn’t you spot in last match ? Our batting is not firing

arambasil

Cricket Spectator
India, South Africa, Australia are finalist teams for the semis

There will be a tie between New Zealand and Pakistan after winning the match SA from NZ.

I'm the cricket fan and, I love to talk about cricket.

I'm watching all the matches of World Cup 2023 in India.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India, South Africa, Australia are finalist teams for the semis

There will be a tie between New Zealand and Pakistan after winning the match SA from NZ.

I'm the cricket fan and, I love to talk about cricket.

I'm watching all the matches of World Cup 2023 in India.
Wonderful first post!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
it's not inconceivable now that the fourth spot will go to a team with 4 wins (although it probably requires an NZ collapse)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So gap between NZ and Pak in terms of NRR was 360-370 runs, now it is down to 168 runs.

If Pakistan wins by even 50 runs/8 overs, gap will decrease by 100 runs, leaving just 68 run buffer.

So NZ will have to beat SL by some margin to push it up and hope that Pak isn't able to make it up in their last game v Eng.

In fact, even Afghanistan can come right into contention based on NRR with a big win over Netherlands tomorrow. NZ have really made it hard for themselves through sheer stupidity.