• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Points Table/Standings

srbhkshk

International Captain
After Eng vs India and Afg vs SL.
Afghanistan will have very solid chances if they can somehow take down Australia, although it's highly unlikely especially with the match being in Wankhede.

1698684982543.png

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
If India go undefeated in this WC only RTB and I should be allowed to celebrate.
What are you really talking about? The only people who actually believed that was me.

The question is not whether India will be undefeated or not but will they dominate every team they face and sadly the answer is negative.

ma1978

International Debutant
Domination is pointless

THat said we are done. There’s really nothing left for India to look forward to. At this stage, I would rate England over India because England can look forward to a rebuild. India will persist with the likes of Iyer and Thakur for two more world cups. We will become England soon, without the hope

Victor Ian

International Coach
India seem fine on the rejuvenating the team front. You guys are always bringing in new players. I don't think they will go stale.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are india actually mathematically in? Or are we just talking for practical/betting purposes?
How India can (and will) miss out

India lose vs Sri Lanka, South Africa and the Netherlands
SA narrowly lose to NZ and Afghanistan and comfortably beat India
Australia thrash England and Bangladesh and narrowly lose to Afghanistan
NZ beat SA/SL/Pak
Afghanistan beat Netherlands/Australia/SA

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man I'm bang up for England V Oz on Saturday now just because if we did somehow beat them it puts the pressure right on with Afghanistan breathing down their necks
Would also be nice from an NZ supporters POV, but honestly can't see it happening unless it's one of those games when the toss effectively decides the winner - which fortunately we haven't seen so much of this tourney.

I know you've disagreed with my critiques of why England have been so poor, but I just can't see them suddenly changing their approach and crafting a thoughtful 50 over batting innings unless it's a absolute road that they can keep going hard from the outset. And even If this was the case & it was a roady mcroad, I'd fear for their bowlers.

Would love to be wrong and see them upset the likes of Australia of course.

Qlder

International Debutant
So if PAK beat BAN and SA beat NZ tomorrow, then Saturday's PAK vs NZ will be a battle for 4th. And if ENG beat AUS it will be a 3 way battle for 3rd and 4th by NRR

....who said top 4 is locked 😉

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
If Afghanistan hadn't lost to Bangladesh they'd be having a real say in this.

So if PAK beat BAN and SA beat NZ tomorrow, then Saturday's PAK vs NZ will be a battle for 4th. And if ENG beat AUS it will be a 3 way battle for 3rd and 4th by NRR

....who said top 4 is locked 😉
The problem is the NRR, there are such huge differences between NZ and Aus compared to the others that it's basically an extra point. It will take a monumental thrashing (worse than anything England have manufactured) to overturn it.