• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
That’s some innings on your comeback, against a normally class new ball attack

King Kane

International Debutant
It's not a coping mechanism...actually no sorry in the time it took to write this, I admit it is

But my point remains that the beatings we've taken over the years don't reflect the match-ups in terms of XI v XI, they more reflect canary yellow v black
Just makes our rare wins over the Aussies more special, the All Blacks wins over the Wallabies don't mean that much as they are a dime a dozen.

I wish we could beat them more in cricket but the majority of the time they have a stronger team than us, we usually need to catch them on an off day.

This doesn't look like an off day for them unfortunately.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's cope because it's a mechanism to place blame somewhere other than the abilities of the team and/or not admit the other team is better
Aus is Aus. They do this to almost all teams when on song. Even India the home team would struggle against this hitting. Thats why India has lost more ODI series to Aus at home than they have actually won. Australian team has a ridiculous potential in terms of run scoring. Only way to beat them is a slow spin track lol or if they have a bad day.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not a coping mechanism...actually no sorry in the time it took to write this, I admit it is

But my point remains that the beatings we've taken over the years don't reflect the match-ups in terms of XI v XI, they more reflect canary yellow v black
Well that and the obvious PED use

*Kermit sipping tea meme*

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it's cope because it's a mechanism to place blame somewhere other than the abilities of the team and/or not admit the other team is better
But we beat sides who are better, that aren't Australia. Reasonably consistently. That's my point.

In my own opinion - and it's an opinion - Australia would've talked since the Netherlands about how they have the wood over us, and if they go hard at us, we'll wilt. And we always talk about how there's no heebee jeepies with playing Australia. But it's all horse ****. We do match up with this Australian side. I know the pitches were different but we saw that last year in the ODI series, our bowlers can do a job but there's just a failure to back ourselves to beat this side. That's my take on these 23 overs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
But we beat sides who are better, that aren't Australia. Reasonably consistently. That's my point.

In my own opinion - and it's an opinion - Australia would've talked since the Netherlands about how they have the wood over us, and if they go hard at us, we'll wilt. And we always talk about how there's no heebee jeepies with playing Australia. But it's all horse ****. We do match up with this Australian side. I know the pitches were different but we saw that last year in the ODI series, our bowlers can do a job but there's just a failure to back ourselves to beat this side. That's my take on these 23 overs.
You seem to have forgotten its TJB

R!TTER

State Regular
Philips chucking NZ back into the game!
When you factor in before 2003 they lost Warne and in 2007 Brett Lee it looks even more impressive.
They lost Warne & then Gillespie as well yet managed to set a record 21 wins in a row, for me the 2003 side was better because they won on some really tough surfaces as well. The 2007 WC was a massive borefest in comparison, also in part because Ind/Pak were knocked out early.