• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
And I'll reiterate if it hasn't been said before Oz 2003 > Oz 2007 with arguably being the best ODI side ever.
Just on results those 03/07 Oz WC sides are worthy of that. When you factor in before 2003 they lost Warne and in 2007 Brett Lee it looks even more impressive.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
What’s Latham’s approach here? Guess you need to accept the horse has long bolted and damage limitation is the key. Play on the ego of Aus and prise wickets out. Unfortunately for him Australia are unlikely to fall for it the way England did, and I don’t believe he’s quite the captain BMac or KW was/is when it comes to handling situations like this.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not a coping mechanism...actually no sorry in the time it took to write this, I admit it is

But my point remains that the beatings we've taken over the years don't reflect the match-ups in terms of XI v XI, they more reflect canary yellow v block
Yeah it's cope because it's a mechanism to place blame somewhere other than the abilities of the team and/or not admit the other team is better

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What’s Latham’s approach here? Guess you need to accept the horse has long bolted and damage limitation is the key. Play on the ego of Aus and prise wickets out. Unfortunately for him Australia are unlikely to fall for it the way England did, and I don’t believe he’s quite the captain BMac or KW was/is when it comes to handling situations like this.
Nup, he isn't. I get the sense he's a very traditional, plan A guy.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
You could go down a rabbit hole with some of the cricketers New Zealand debuted during that period. I have no memory of the number four in this game, and I probably watched it.

The main reason I remember the no.4 (and Peter Ingram who played earlier in the series) is they were selected ahead of a young bloke called Kane Williamson who was averaging something like 60 in List A at the time. There was a mild uproar about that IIRC.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
5 centuries this WC in 63 balls or less lol

15 years ago that would have been a once every 5 years type of knock

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Incredible innings and you suspect if this wasn't a WC Head isn't anywhere close to playing. Hand was broken only 5 weeks ago. Must still be in pain.