• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #20- England vs S Africa - October 21st - Wankhede (D/N)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks like they've decided to target Atkinson. Could put real pressure on England if they pull it off and Topley can't bowl out either.

I can see a Stokes spell coming a mile away here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Am I simply showing off my sheer ignorance of international white ball cricket that I've never heard of this Atkinson bloke?

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
This is looking ominous. I would be amazed if we're chasing below 350.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am I simply showing off my sheer ignorance of international white ball cricket that I've never heard of this Atkinson bloke?
Surprised you missed all the chatter about him during the English domestic season. I think he has a lot of potential but he's very raw at the moment, and his close to the stumps style is more suited for red ball.

King Kane

International Debutant
This is looking ominous. I would be amazed if we're chasing below 300.
You need Rashid to step up again and take some wickets when he gets a bowl, if he gets carted as well then you could be in real trouble.

Root will no doubt bowl some overs too especially if Topley doesn't get back out there.

BazBall21

Mumbai can be monstrously high scoring and South Africa are a flat track bully batting lineup with heavy explosiveness. Big-scoring team. England obviously have one of the more modest attacks out of the big six and might have lost their best bowler. Could be a very long 40 overs. Could be chasing 400.

King Kane

International Debutant
Root bowled a more tidy over than most of the England pace bowlers have bowled so far, I would be keeping him on.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surprised Root's bowling here. Wood and Atkinson swapping ends maybe?
Nope.

Would have thought they'd bring on Rashid if they wanted spin instead of the spoiler option, and also thought they wouldn't have dragged Atkinson after his second over only went for one.

Weird captaincy.

If neither Topley or Stokes bowl we might get to see the rare right arm dribble of Harry Brook!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Mumbai can be monstrously high scoring and South Africa are a flat track bully batting lineup with heavy explosiveness. Big-scoring team. England obviously have one of the more modest attacks out of the big six and might have lost their best bowler. Could be a very long 40 overs. Could be chasing 400.
Chasing 300+ is hard

Utterly moronic again from Jos to bowl first. If our batting is our better facet of the game. Use that to our advantage.

Get a score and hopefully create some scoreboard pressure. Instead we've let the other side put us under scoreboard pressure again.

BazBall21

Another reason why we should have batted first is it's sweltering hot out there now and will cool down in the second innings.