• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Andyhere

International 12th Man
That's a fair assessment, so many wickets were gifted. Having said that, we could've scored 350 and it wouldn't have been nearly enough.
Are you surprised? Reckless style of play will result in gifting wickets. That is not how ODIs are played, especially in subcontinent

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Never will there be another game of cricket where an entire team gets double figures opposed to the other team getting none.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Concerns about the attack are obviously valid but a nine game group stage gives plenty of time to turn things around. If we lose to Bangladesh then I’ll start to worry
You don't get top 4 if you can't beat more than one of Australia, India ,New Zealand ,Pakistan and South Africa. Be worried at our chances based off that

I may be devaluing Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan mind.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
That's a fair assessment, so many wickets were gifted. Having said that, we could've scored 350 and it wouldn't have been nearly enough.
Probably yes. But psychologically it should make a major difference chasing 280 vs 350?

Andyhere

International 12th Man
I love how with England it's "reckless cricket" but no mention of NZ breezing 282 in 36 overs. Is scoring that fast not "reckless"?
There is difference between positive and reckless. NZ didn't come out all guns blazing from ball 1. They played normal cricket, got set and then capitalized.
They also got benefit of mediocre England bowling.
England didn't know how to respect good NZ attack