• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Look at this bloke, gets a job in stare parliament and suddenly its “we”.
Most ****s in this thread - especially the ****iest ****s, @GoodAreasShane and @TheJediBrah - will confirm I have and do genuinely support NSW. Don't confuse my international cricket identity crisis with not caring about the Shield and [Sponsor] Cup.

There's a reason Mags gave me the Bushrangers logo as punishment for my avatar bet.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what I've ascertained NSW is the only cricket team in the world PEWS actually supports
Look at this bloke, gets a job in stare parliament
Is this like regular parliament but instead of giving speeches and arguing everyone just looks at each other until someone gives up

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Shield squads are out for the South Australia v Tasmania game starting in a bit under an hour. The SACA side is more less what I expected, Conway and JFM to sit out from that 13 I would expect. Big surprise for the Tasmanians is no Tim Ward, can't say I agree with that at all tbh. Weatherald will almost certainly open in his first Shield game against his old team. Gabe Bell is back (with a new more areodynamic head) and will make up the pace attack with Rainbird and LNS. Dooley is also in their squad but I am not sure if he will play

New South Wales squad also out, that game starts tomorrow. Touch surprised to see Ollie Davies there but he is

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh, well that explains it then. Shame for him no doubt, but an injury makes a hell of a lot more sense than him just being left out

Also, I was wrong on my starting XI guesses. JFM is playing, no McAndrew, only 4 bowlers. Wouldn't have went that way myself. But then again Tasmania are only really playing three frontline bowlers as such

TheJediBrah

SA might have promised him a spot in the starting XI if he moved states and their hands are tied

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ahh, well that explains it then. Shame for him no doubt, but an injury makes a hell of a lot more sense than him just being left out

Also, I was wrong on my starting XI guesses. JFM is playing, no McAndrew, only 4 bowlers. Wouldn't have went that way myself. But then again Tasmania are only really playing three frontline bowlers as such
Also explains why he didn't play ahead of Hope in the Marsh Cup.

TheJediBrah

Yeah even if Jerk has to play then McAndrew should be one of the first picked.
It continues the trend of the seam bowlers who played for Australia A last month not being picked for their states which is hilarious

There's been like 5 of them