• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no way these 2 are getting close to the target. Hughes will just bat for his average like he does. This is why he's never been seriously considered for the next level

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Merlo is exactly the sort of anti-cricket bowler who could be really effective against these two trying to accelerate.

Hughes should just play for yet another ton obvs but KPat should get on with it imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Merlo is exactly the sort of anti-cricket bowler who could be really effective against these two trying to accelerate.

Hughes should just play for yet another ton obvs but KPat should get on with it imo.
They both got out the same way, one to Merlo.

God damn it. :laugh:

Kerr to #bosh it now.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that is probably it for this game as an actual contest

Good call on Merlo though, he bowls pretty much the sort of crap that is only really effective when whoever is batting is trying to destroy him

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harper innings was just too good in the end considering how much of a hard slog everyone else in the game found it to score quickly.

I still found the performance vaguely encouraging given how **** we were last season, despite the blow out final margin.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh I forgot we still had ****ty bonus points for a minute. Should definitely just work it around now to deprive the People's Republic of Victoria out of spite.

TheJediBrah

TJB: Hughes just plays for his average.

Hughes: *immediately throws away his wicket caught in the deep*

TJB: See I was right! *adjusts two inch penis*
NSW reverting to form against a superior state got you all worked up

Anyway I maintain that I was right in spirit

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Harper innings was just too good in the end considering how much of a hard slog everyone else in the game found it to score quickly.

I still found the performance vaguely encouraging given how **** we were last season, despite the blow out final margin.
The Harper innings indeed was critical here. Looked good at the time, but arguably seems an even better knock in hindsight

Still think NSW have some problems with the bat, but across these two games yeah compared to last year it's at least some progress.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Harper innings indeed was critical here. Looked good at the time, but arguably seems an even better knock in hindsight

Still think NSW have some problems with the bat, but yeah compared to last year it's at least some progress
Yeah we're not a good batting side at all but Vic have a good side and we didn't seem out of our depth. RRR got out of control on a slow deck after a gun innings by one bat and then we threw wickets away at the end. Not a disaster given the team isn't great. At least we're not picking Sams or starting the tail at 7 (which were often the same problem).

Edwards' bowling is really encouraging for that reason. Helps us balance the team properly.

Hatcher had an awesome game in our final Marsh Cup fixture last season, would like to give him a crack at the third fast bowling spot if he's fit. Tremain's figures looked alright in the first game but it was a green top against a **** batting side so they flattered him - wasn't surprised to see him dropped for Dwarshuis but he bowled even worse here.

Dog immediately ****ting after getting a TV platform was definitely the highlight for me, right ahead of NSW denying Victoria a bonus point by one run without seeming to care about it at all.

Burgey

Yeah we're not a good batting side at all but Vic have a good side and we didn't seem out of our depth.
Any idea how pathetic this is for the best credentialed FC team in cricket history? It’s the sort of thing a Bangladesh or Afghanistan fan would say as their side inevitably capitulates.

Shows how far NSW has fallen. This is what happens when you elect a fool like Ruddick to state parliament: you become satisfied with abject mediocrity

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Any idea how pathetic this is for the best credentialed FC team in cricket history? It’s the sort of thing a Bangladesh or Afghanistan fan would say as their side inevitably capitulates.

Shows how far NSW has fallen. This is what happens when you elect a fool like Ruddick to state parliament: you become satisfied with abject mediocrity
We lost every single game last season. Mediocrity would be a big improvement.