• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Milne putting in a good last minute bid for World Cup consideration. Been a fun game so far, Bangladesh definitely asserting themselves though wickets have fallen regularly.
NZ kinda shot themselves in the foot with that family announcement video , couldn't change there squad now barring injury , would be really bad PR.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
NZ kinda shot themselves in the foot with that family announcement video , couldn't change there squad now barring injury , would be really bad PR.
Yeah meant that he’d be in consideration only if Southee’s thumb injury rules him out.

Aritro

International Regular
The last 5 gone for 16 and all out for 171.

Remember when I said the pitches would give NZ no chance? Oh you don't? Good, I don't either.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
The Bangladesh tail, wowee. :ph34r:
Last 6 wickets fell for 34 runs.

Bangladesh No.7-No.11 batters :
22/4

Of course this tail will be helped when Mehedy Hasan Miraz returns , and then with Shakib playing you could also add in another batsman..

I'm thinking an ideal Bangladeshi XI would be:

1.Tamim Iqbal
2.Liton Das (WK)
3.Najmul Shanto
4.Shakib Al Hasan
5.Mushfiqur Rahim
6.Towid Hridoy
7.Mahmudullah Riyad
8.Mahedi Hasan Miraz
9.Taskin Ahmed
10.Mustafizur Rahman
11.Shoriful Islam

Could do with a another all rounder like Saifuddin I suppose but he's not in the picture.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Got to say I was really impressed with Lockie Ferguson captaincy.
Never let Bangladesh off the hook , never panicked when Bangladesh were playing their shots, when Sodhi went for tap he had a plan B which was to keep attacking with the fast bowlers , when there was a drinks break he made sure there was a bowling change which worked everytime it seemed, even when the tail got exposed he could have easily carried on with a Ravindra but made sure to bring back Milne to finish the job ..
Also unselfish aswell he could have easily finished the job himself but made sure Milne got his best figures.

Aritro

International Regular
Last 6 wickets fell for 34 runs.

Bangladesh No.7-No.11 batters :
22/4

Of course this tail will be helped when Mehedy Hasan Miraz returns , and then with Shakib playing you could also add in another batsman..

I'm thinking an ideal Bangladeshi XI would be:

1.Tamim Iqbal
2.Liton Das (WK)
3.Najmul Shanto
4.Shakib Al Hasan
5.Mushfiqur Rahim
6.Towid Hridoy
7.Mahmudullah Riyad
8.Mahedi Hasan Miraz
9.Taskin Ahmed
10.Mustafizur Rahman
11.Shoriful Islam

Could do with a another all rounder like Saifuddin I suppose but he's not in the picture.
Healthy looking team in theory. I don't like the Fizz/Shoriful tail. Walking wickets the pair of them, but it might be the tail we've got if Fizz has convinced them he's made a comeback after 2 years of substandard performances.

It would have been nice if Afif had actually started reaching his potential as he's got reflexes like a cat and can counter attack against high pace but his last 10 scores read like a phone number.

Aritro

International Regular
What have the Kiwis learned from this outing? Who's prospects now look better than they did a week ago?

They have someone called Foxcroft which sounds like the name of some brutal Tudor era craft.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
What have the Kiwis learned from this outing? Who's prospects now look better than they did a week ago?

They have someone called Foxcroft which sounds like the name of some brutal Tudor era craft.
Well they've learned that Ravindra still has a performance or two left in him well after his peak :) . While Rachin is miscast as a number 7 allrounder, he's shown he *can* do a job as fifth bowler which is good news. Though against marauding lefthanders on Indian bat-a-thon surfaces he'll have his work cut out.

As straw man says, Milne's bowling well and should be in serious consideration if Southee is unable to play. Though he won't get to use the newball and the accompanying swing, with Boult and Henry already there. Sodhi too is bowling much better though as this series has shown, still very rocks and diamonds.

Overall, while it's probably their most vulnerable area going into the WC, there is something to work with for NZ in terms of middle overs bowling,

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I think the Black Caps have also learned that Will Young can be relied upon in challenging conditions , I'm pretty sure you will get atleast a couple of pitches taking spin later as the tournament progresses ..
An opener that can lay a foundation will be crucial.