• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Totally. I feel like they told Bowes to bat as if he was opening still and got the same results.

Would've been good to see Foxcroft to get a tryout but probably though Gametime in Australia would be better than sending him over there.
It's the Nicholls paradigm. Play Bowes until he finally scores something and believe that justifies months of failures.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Sodhi’s match!

Never been his biggest fan but this is a very timely confidence builder before the WC. Ravindra’s been useful too.

Aritro

International Regular
Happy to report that I switched over to the football a good while ago, but well done to the Kiwis. Too good for us on all fronts.

Aritro

International Regular
Never been his biggest fan but this is a very timely confidence builder before the WC. Ravindra’s been useful too.
Lovely to see he's still got a performance left in him 17 years after he hit his peak.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Sodhi has a bit of history against us pulling up five fers at will. In fact all the leggies- Imran Tahir, Rashid Khan, Zampa etc etc. We don’t know how to play them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The captain always needs the ability to withdraw the appeal, otherwise you'd get stuff like the Sidebottom/Elliott collision where there's been an appeal in the heat of the moment, but it clearly shouldn't be out (ok, Collingwood didn't withdraw the appeal in that example, but he's a dick).

So I don't see what else you can do, it's just a case by case thing and up to the individuals involved. All part of the randomness of cricket!
Yeah I've got no problem with the withdrawal, it's the grey area around Mankads. No one should be able to withdraw it if it's a bona-fide dismissal which we're told it is. It's either out or not. As it stands, it's so inconsistent.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah I've got no problem with the withdrawal, it's the grey area around Mankads. No one should be able to withdraw it if it's a bona-fide dismissal which we're told it is. It's either out or not. As it stands, it's so inconsistent.
needs to happen in a WC final involving England or India

unironically

thundaboult

International Debutant
Ishhh! Hahahahahaha what a day out, great to see someone build this much confidence in 1 day so close a WC.

And thanks bangladesh for snatching away the 1 trophy we do actually win on a consistent basis ... the SpIRiT oF KIrKiT award, how generous of you.

G. S. Kohli

Shanto Captain for tomorrow's (26th) last game

Najmul Hossain Shanto (Captain), Tanzid Hasan T, Zakir Hasan, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Tawhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hassan Miraz, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, Rishad Hossain

G. S. Kohli

Sodhi has a bit of history against us pulling up five fers at will. In fact all the leggies- Imran Tahir, Rashid Khan, Zampa etc etc. We don’t know how to play them.
Sodhi generally all rounder during his all previous tour of Asian sub-continent in all Format

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sodhi’s match!

He's been bowling better over the last 2-3 months including in The Hundred in the UK since he tinkered with his run-up which has resulted in him getting his standard delivery through a bit quicker. We're lucky to have both he and Santner in a WC in the SC.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah sodhi is absolutely key for us - mid-overs wickets are king in ODIs and we don't have another reliable source of them.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He's been bowling better over the last 2-3 months including in The Hundred in the UK since he tinkered with his run-up which has resulted in him getting his standard delivery through a bit quicker. We're lucky to have both he and Santner in a WC in the SC.
Iirc he said he changed his approach to bowling in a post match interview after the Pakistan test series where he was out best bowler. He's been superb for sometime now.