• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Middlesex's batting lineup is something else lol. Just been abysmal all season. Feel so bad for ryan higgins. Mans got run into the ground at gloucs, and now he's gotta deal with the same **** at middlesex.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Middlesex's batting lineup is something else lol. Just been abysmal all season. Feel so bad for ryan higgins. Mans got run into the ground at gloucs, and now he's gotta deal with the same **** at middlesex.
And yet once again Kent fail to take advantage of Middlesex's misfortune (and the Middle Saxons are in a much better position comparatively). Is Matt Walker off at the end of the season? I hope so.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
The equally obvious solution is to schedule T20 or hundred matches in September, starting at 11am. As the required time to play them is so much shorter there would be a far greater chance of fitting them into a window of good weather between 11 and 6, or later if floodlights are used.

Logically, the games which take longer to complete need to be held when a long stretch of good weather may be reasonably expected.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
The equally obvious solution is to schedule T20 or hundred matches in September, starting at 11am. As the required time to play them is so much shorter there would be a far greater chance of fitting them into a window of good weather between 11 and 6, or later if floodlights are used.

Logically, the games which take longer to complete need to be held when a long stretch of good weather may be reasonably expected.
There is no way that the Hundred is going to be moved from its slot from late July to end of August because it is school holidays and the ECB target audience is families. Counties wouldn't have the Blast in September day time, they would struggle to get the crowds that they need.

Please don't think I'm advocating for ECB in this, I really am not. Just saying that I agree there needs to be more June-August fc cricket but just can't see how it is going to be done with the counties wanting the blast as their main income, ECB doing likewise with the Hundred.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
My post was both logical and non-serious at the same time. Still, if the blast or hundred were meant to be serious sporting competitions in their own right with committed fan bases, rather than projects to take in money from a casual audience, it is what you would do. Aside from my other points, it is better for the audience to spend a couple of hours in a cool autumn day or evening than all day, as football and rugby know well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes, pulled up two balls into the 40th over, looked like hamstring. Left the field. Evison completed the over. Vic Marks on commentary almost missed it rambling on.

Lmao so much nonsense about Goldsworthy's left arm spin just before it happened.

He bowls so little that I didn't even know what he actually bowled. Grand total of zero FC wickets in 20 games.

And he was batting at the time.