• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

the big bambino

International Captain
Wighton reportedly using the McNamara defence and challenging the NRL lawyer and asking him "how many rugby league games have you played"? Didn't appear to impress the judiciary.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Far South QLD are going to get up here on the back of a try off a Grant knock on in the first half.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Great day for it here in sunny Auckland, hopefully the strong crowd can get the boys home.
Wish I was as confident as the bookies though, 1.55 for the wahs is pretty damn short given they're up against a team who have won 10 in a row.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That pass was forward, surely (second Newcastle try, that is).

Last edited:

Burgey

Start celebrating my Kiwah friends. Am on the bandwagon. Nothing against the ‘riff but they’ve had a good run, while the other two sides aren’t teams but rather made-for-tv franchises who’ve copped leg ups from the NRL since their respective inceptions.

Very happy for my man Maratha Niukore. Under rated, old school hero and one of the main reasons Parra went on a tear to the GF last year

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
That's gotta be our performance of the year. I thought it would be a big battle because the Knights are a good team on a tear but the Warriors ****ing dealt it out last night.
Start celebrating my Kiwah friends. Am on the bandwagon. Nothing against the ‘riff but they’ve had a good run, while the other two sides aren’t teams but rather made-for-tv franchises who’ve copped leg ups from the NRL since their respective inceptions.

Very happy for my man Maratha Niukore. Under rated, old school hero and one of the main reasons Parra went on a tear to the GF last year
Welcome to the bandwagon, I hope you like heartbreak and pain.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Been back in NZ now for 5 days, and I can report that all the talk is about the Wahs, in fact I've hardly heard the All blacks even mentioned.
Have asked a few people what their preference would be between the blacks winning the world cup or the Wahs to win the NRL.
Everyone has said the NRL would be the better thing to win, and I tend to agree with that, as much as I want us to win the world cup.
It's going to take a humungous effort to get past the Broncos, because unlike some of our posters here I think they're a hell of a strong team this year,
particularly what they've shown over the past 2-3 months.
Having said that I believe our forwards, if they step up to the plate, can cover what the Broncs can throw at them. Their backs will be a handful starting
off with the class of Reynolds, but they're going to have to shut down Reece Walsh and Selwyn Cobbo who've been a handful all year.
One positive thing to look at is the way they shut down Kalyn Ponga the other day, which must of surely been a big part of their game plan.
Without taking any emotion whatsoever into the equation, I think the Warriors are worth a hell of a punt just going on the value on offer.
Currently getting set on the boys at 4.3 (laying the Broncs at 1.31) for a decent chunk.
Although it would obviously be better to be playing at home, it shouldn't be too bad with the amount of support they'll receive in Brisbane.
The Broncos home record this year is only 7-5 compared to their away record of 11-1, so nothing too concerning there.
Pretty sure our effort wont be lacking so just hoping our skills can be produced on the big occasion.
Simply can't wait until Saturday night, UP THE ****ING WAHS.

_Ed_

Yeah, the way everyone's got on board has been incredible. Hope they can do something to maintain the engagement beyond this finals run - an Origin game on NZ soil in the not-too-distant future would be a great way of doing that.

I'm going to a gig on Saturday night (the Samoan-language metal band Shepherds Reign :wub: ), so this will be one of the only games of the season I won't be watching live. But I'm sure there'll be others in the crowd keeping an eye on how it's going.