• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Kraken

State Captain
Saturday's game will be a cracker. Win (or atleast keep it even) in the middle and the Wahs are a huge chance imo. AFB, Barnett and Harris are so underrated as a middle 3 (maybe not anymore tbf)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, the way everyone's got on board has been incredible. Hope they can do something to maintain the engagement beyond this finals run - an Origin game on NZ soil in the not-too-distant future would be a great way of doing that.

I'm going to a gig on Saturday night (the Samoan-language metal band Shepherds Reign :wub: ), so this will be one of the only games of the season I won't be watching live. But I'm sure there'll be others in the crowd keeping an eye on how it's going.
All Blacks being a bit crap by their standards at the moment kind of helps too.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Saturday's game will be a cracker. Win (or atleast keep it even) in the middle and the Wahs are a huge chance imo. AFB, Barnett and Harris are so underrated as a middle 3 (maybe not anymore tbf)
Barnett's been a handful, hasn't stopped putting his hand up for work either.

Flem274*

123/5
I think Broncos should win reasonably well (especially now Ashley Bach is committing the cardinal sin of sports gambling) but I also thought Newcastle would be close.

The season is a resounding success from 12 months ago. As long as we put in a big effort I'm happy. This was always a building year and now it's a finals year. That's unbelievable tbh.

Coronis

International Coach
Warriors are the true feel good underdog story - but I just can’t see them beating the Broncos. I’ll be rooting for them though.

This season has always felt like it was coming down to Broncos Panthers.

I’ll also be horribly disappointed if we somehow lose to the Storm.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Broncos should win reasonably well (especially now Ashley Bach is committing the cardinal sin of sports gambling) but I also thought Newcastle would be close.

The season is a resounding success from 12 months ago. As long as we put in a big effort I'm happy. This was always a building year and now it's a finals year. That's unbelievable tbh.
Enjoy the sun while it's shining mate, there's good reason not to be pessimistic.

Shady Slim

International Coach
the broncos have the steady guiding hand of adam reynolds and some origin forwards but other key strike players like walsh, mam, and cobbo even haven't had too many tests in serious business do or die footy. reckon if the wawa can get under their skin or ahead early they could pull it off

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Penrith haven’t even got out of third gear here. If they play brisbane next week, the northern press should keep quiet about Haas et al being the best big men in the game. People said the same thing about Parra’s middles in the lead up to last year’s GF. Leota and Fish took offence.

Coronis

International Coach
Beautiful stuff. I’m a Panthers fan and my mate at work is a Broncos fan - can’t wait for next week.

(Would love to see the Warriors pull off the upset but its hard to believe it’ll actually happen, plus I think it makes for a worse GF)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great start for everyone’s 2nd team, the wahs
Hopefully the Broncos fall apart...but it doesn't look like that will happen. Great game so far, but Broncos offloads are looking dangerous.

If Brisbane are going to score every time they are inside the 20, then the Warriors are making it hard for themselves.

DWZ needs to learn to stay on his man. 2 tries in less than 5 mins due to him racing in.

Shows how bad the Broncos have been in the past few seasons. With the draw they get that makes them Thursday/Friday night specials, they should be able to get to the finals with a half-assed effort in the regular season. They're going alright this season though!