• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Milne is a better T20 bowler.
For sure, but I don't think it's as easy as it used to be to simply say leave Southee out of the T20I side. Tbh I'd have Milne and Southee as the opening bowlers, and leave out Ferguson.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For sure, but I don't think it's as easy as it used to be to simply say leave Southee out of the T20I side. Tbh I'd have Milne and Southee as the opening bowlers, and leave out Ferguson.
Honestly mate, and I wouldn't have even entertained the thought 12 months ago, but I prefer Henry to Southee as a T20 bowler now.

I used to assume Henry would be cannon fodder in the shortest format due to his short-of-a-length banging into the pitch style but he's been outstanding in T20s in the last 12 months both internationally in Pakistan and in both the Hundred and the UK domestic blast, and he has worked on a couple of variations.

This to go along with his fantastic improvement at Test level in the last 18-24 months.

I've become a real fan of the guy of late.

Here's his returns in the last 12 months in T20Is against good top opposition (save SL) and in challenging conditions;

1693808642106.png

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
It would be nice for the final game if both of these teams could actually turn up at the same time. 3 rubbish matches so far. England seemingly more interested in getting overs into Livingstone than actually trying to win a game, a horrible al round bowling performance. Malan not doing himself any favours for the World Cup selection battle.

David456

Cricket Spectator
New Zealand tour of United Arab Emirates(3) & vs Eng (8) 2023

Aug 17, Thu
United Arab Emirates vs New Zealand
1st T20I at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT

Aug 19, Sat
2nd T20I at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai

Aug 20, Sun
3rd T20I at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai

Nz T20I team vs UAE❤
New Zealand's T20I squad for UAE: Tim Southee (C), Adi Ashok, Chad Bowes, Mark Chapman, Dane Cleaver, Lockie Ferguson, Dean Foxcroft, Kyle Jamieson, Cole McConchie, Jimmy Neesham, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert, Henry Shipley, Will Young

Aug 30, Wed
England vs New Zealand
1st T20I at Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
22:30 IST / 17:00 GMT

Sep 01, Fri
England vs New Zealand
2nd T20I at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester

Sep 03, Sun
England vs New Zealand
3rd T20I at Edgbaston, Birmingham
19:00 IST / 13:30 GMT

Sep 05, Tue
England vs New Zealand
4th T20I at Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Sep 08, Fri
England vs New Zealand
1st ODI at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
17:00 IST / 11:30 GMT

Sep 10, Sun
England vs New Zealand
2nd ODI at The Rose Bowl, Southampton
15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT

Sep 13, Wed
England vs New Zealand
3rd ODI at Kennington Oval, London

Sep 15, Fri
England vs New Zealand
4th ODI at Lord's, London

Nz T20I team vs Eng (T20I)

New Zealand's T20I squad for England: ❤Tim Southee (C), Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert, Ish Sodhi
New Zealand Tour of United Arab Emirates (UAE) and England 2023:

Matches against UAE:

1st T20I:

Date: August 17, Thursday
Teams: United Arab Emirates vs New Zealand
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Time: 19:30 IST / 14:00 GMT
2nd T20I:

Date: August 19, Saturday
3rd T20I:

Date: August 20, Sunday
New Zealand's T20I Squad for UAE:

Captain: Tim Southee
Players: Adi Ashok, Chad Bowes, Mark Chapman, Dane Cleaver, Lockie Ferguson, Dean Foxcroft, Kyle Jamieson, Cole McConchie, Jimmy Neesham, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert, Henry Shipley, Will Young
Matches against England:

1st T20I:

Date: August 30, Wednesday
Teams: England vs New Zealand
Venue: Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
Time: 22:30 IST / 17:00 GMT
2nd T20I:

Date: September 01, Friday
Venue: Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
3rd T20I:

Date: September 03, Sunday
Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham
Time: 19:00 IST / 13:30 GMT
4th T20I:

Date: September 05, Tuesday
Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
1st ODI:

Date: September 08, Friday
Venue: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Time: 17:00 IST / 11:30 GMT
2nd ODI:

Date: September 10, Sunday
Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton
Time: 15:30 IST / 10:00 GMT
3rd ODI:

Date: September 13, Wednesday
Venue: Kennington Oval, London
4th ODI:

Date: September 15, Friday
Venue: Lord's, London
New Zealand's T20I Squad for England:

Captain: Tim Southee
Players: Finn Allen, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert, Ish Sodhi

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bairstow pumping it, us bowling it around exactly where he'd want us to each ball (on his hip). Any danger of hitting a length outside off stump

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm. Jacks really needs to produce something more substantial before too long if he's going to nail down a place in the side when the oldies start to call it a day. He's probably better than Salt, but that's not saying a lot.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Hmmm. Jacks really needs to produce something more substantial before too long if he's going to nail down a place in the side when the oldies start to call it a day. He's probably better than Salt, but that's not saying a lot.
Agreed, I hoped he'd use this chance to overtake Roy in this format but I don't think he's done enough yet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is he better than Salt?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is he better than Salt?
I reckon. But only based on the little I've seen of them both. I just remember Salt looking pretty hopeless in the T20 WC and thinking there must be better options, but I won't pretend that's entirely scientific. Especially if someone now points out that Salt didn't actually play in that tournament.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Malan says thank you very much for not having spin at both ends. Not sure why Southee did that.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I reckon. But only based on the little I've seen of them both. I just remember Salt looking pretty hopeless in the T20 WC and thinking there must be better options, but I won't pretend that's entirely scientific. Especially if someone now points out that Salt didn't actually play in that tournament.
Salt played in the final. Got out early. Looked good in the Hundred but Jacks surely has a higher ceiling. Not sure how Smeed has done recently but is also in the mix.