• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
Man can we not get a test without any bull**** weather distractions. If england played traditionally we’d probably have 3 draws this series

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing stupid rain. Now they are going to have to keep 'getting in' and giving the bowlers chances to freshen up. Can Australia catch a break (apart from the really good one we got last match - but still, that aside...)
I think it will help them, provided it’s a decent enough break and there’s only one or two of them. Different if it’s four or five, but tbh they’ve had a habit of making starts then getting out, so having to rebuild and start again might actually help them.

ripper868

International Coach
Proper straight down rain that looks like going nowhere peppering my garden now...put a fork in today folks, it's done.

loterry1994

International Debutant
I think it will help them, provided it’s a decent enough break and there’s only one or two of them. Different if it’s four or five, but tbh they’ve had a habit of making starts then getting out, so having to rebuild and start again might actually help them.
doesn’t help them if today gets rained out aus are pretty much wicketless and have all the control to play for a draw or win tommorow. Time might be an issue for England

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah am at the Heathrow at the moment and they say the weather comes in from here into London, so it does not look good for any more play today.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I'd rather lose this to a great Aussie batting chase than draw it to the weather.
Odds now in their favour in my view.

loterry1994

International Debutant
England definitely got the luck with the rain today Aus could have had it under 200 by tea. But these rain delays might cost England still with the time

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not sure who the draw coming into play helps. I’d say Australia but seeing how they went into their shell the other day I’m not certain.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Not sure who the draw coming into play helps. I’d say Australia but seeing how they went into their shell the other day I’m not certain.
I don’t see them going into their shell again after their first batting innings. The win is absolutely on for them and will got for it. Unless we lose half a day tommorow. Don’t think Aus mind either way about this rain. If it didn’t rain they could of kept ticking the score but it did come so England lost more time

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia. They’re 2-1 up.

Bit of rain around is better for England overall though. They needed conditions to change.

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Might start doing rain dances If same thing happens on day 5...

Let's be honest here Australia are best team in the world WTC champions and better overall team in this series