• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Spark

Global Moderator
you gotta stop giving the bowlers stick they pretty much held this test yesterday and today. Pretty much the Main reason why were still in this test. They’ve done well enough since Lyon went down apart from the last test. While Our top 4 have had like 1 big score each in like 8-9 innings they’ve batted
They were excellent yesterday but I'm not letting them off the hook for the other four games. Yesterday was the exception that proved the rule; had they bowled like that all series this would look very different.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty incredible fight back here from the Aussie tail, helped along by some dumb bowling from England but very impressive nevertheless!

91Jmay

International Coach
The most frustrating part of this is that these conditions are ideal to bat in. Could have blazed a 3 figure lead. To be fair to them the bowlers look dead, Root should have been bowled more and should be on now

loterry1994

International Debutant
They were excellent yesterday but I'm not letting them off the hook for the other four games. Yesterday was the exception that proved the rule; had they bowled like that all series this would look very different.
theyve definitely been better than the batters your acting like they’ve been terrible.you imagine if they took marnus or smith out the batting that’s pretty much what Lyon is to their bowling. Don’t forget the bowlers contributions with the bat test 1 as well. How can you say our battings been good when our top 4 has like one big score each in like 4 and half tests. And have hit over 350 like once and don’t forget how many times we’ve been bowled for like 7-100 and collapsed in many innings

Spark

Global Moderator
theyve definitely been better than the batters your acting like they’ve been terrible.you imagine if they took marnus or smith out the batting that’s pretty much what Lyon is to their bowling. Don’t forget the bowlers contributions with the bat test 1 as well. How can you say our battings been good when our top 4 has like one big score each in like 4 and half tests.
They conceded 600 runs in three and a half sessions (equivalent)

That's the bowling equivalent of getting bowled out for 60

loterry1994

International Debutant
They conceded 600 runs in three and a half sessions (equivalent)

That's the bowling equivalent of getting bowled out for 60
I just said apart from the last test but you still won’t go on about how many times our batting has collapsed and say our batting has been up to scratch absolutely got saved by the bowlers again this batting innings. If Cummins doesn’t come in with that partnership with smith we’re gone. And how about marnus and khawaja batting today how was that?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Took them nealy 100 overs to get to England's 54 over score, and doesn't really matter at all. Tortoise vs hare makes it more interesting

Spark

Global Moderator
I just said apart from the last test but you still won’t go on about how many times our batting has collapsed and say our batting has been up to scratch absolutely got saved by the bowlers again this batting innings.
I think you're missing that my expectations for batting in England are in the gutter. Anything defendable is useful and then I expect the bowlers to defend it - this lot sure are capable.

If you give the first innings scores we've gotten in this series to the 2013, 15 and 19 teams then we probably win at least one if not two of those series. Edgbaston was a road I get that and Lord's had Lyon go down but what happened at Headingley was abysmal. You can't be giving 200 runs to the tail in a game where 500 runs are scored per side across the match.