• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
These sub fielders are getting outta hand course these young blokes will be faster and better than broad, Anderson and that.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah I've maintained from Edgbaston that comparisons to 2005 were inappropriate on the quality of cricket alone. Honestly this belongs more in the 2009/13 bracket; two flawed teams striving not to make more mistakes than the opposition.

It's really missed a Smith in 2019 or Broad in 2015 kind of outstanding quality that defines the series.
Yeah, I am surprised I think you are a considerably better side than us. Your batting really has shocked me I expected you to crush us at least 3 times with big 1st innings. I thought 3-1 was probable so still on for it potentially but not been as dominant a series as I expected thus far

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, I am surprised I think you are a considerably better side than us. Your batting really has shocked me I expected you to crush us at least 3 times with big 1st innings. I thought 3-1 was probable so still on for it potentially but not been as dominant a series as I expected thus far
We never perform to our full potential in England so that bit doesn't surprise me. Not getting rissoled once - today threatened - already means my expectations have been well surpassed but our bowling has underperformed pretty dramatically across the balance of the series.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Australia going to have a lead. This is not how I saw this happening.

Someone get another set of bowlers.

91Jmay

International Coach
We never perform to our full potential in England so that bit doesn't surprise me. Not getting rissoled once - today threatened - already means my expectations have been well surpassed but our bowling has underperformed pretty dramatically across the balance of the series.
I thought Boland would go really well but we absolutely flogged him and they've struggled to bowl well as a group. Ironically I reckon yesterday after about 10 overs was probably best as a unit.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Yeah I've maintained from Edgbaston that comparisons to 2005 were inappropriate on the quality of cricket alone. Honestly this belongs more in the 2009/13 bracket; two flawed teams striving not to make more mistakes than the opposition.

It's really missed a Smith in 2019 or Broad in 2015 kind of outstanding quality that defines the series.
Yeah there may never be another 2005 quality series - the players just don't care as much as they did then. They want to entertain the crowd then **** off to the t20 leagues. Not bat or bowl like their lives and country depend on it. With a couple of exceptions on each side.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
In such a tight game, you wonder if the Moeen injury will prove the difference.

Not only from a bowling point of view but he'll have to bat down the order and will probably not be able to run freely

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought Boland would go really well but we absolutely flogged him and they've struggled to bowl well as a group. Ironically I reckon yesterday after about 10 overs was probably best as a unit.
Yeah I agree. Had they held all their catches they'd have restricted England to the sort of total that I thought they'd do so multiple times in the series.

loterry1994

International Debutant
you gotta stop giving the bowlers stick they pretty much held this test yesterday and today. Pretty much the Main reason why were still in this test. They’ve done well enough since Lyon went down apart from the last test. While Our top 4 have had like 1 big score each in like 8-9 innings they’ve batted