• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year

This could be huge for women's cricket.
The problem with this kind of idea is that so many players are invested in more than one team, many are contracted to a team in all 3 Leagues. How is it decided for example who NSB or Perry play for? It didn't work in Men's Cricket for that reason, I think it has even less chance in Women's where the pool of players is smaller.

Spark

Global Moderator
The problem with this kind of idea is that so many players are invested in more than one team, many are contracted to a team in all 3 Leagues. How is it decided for example who NSB or Perry play for? It didn't work in Men's Cricket for that reason, I think it has even less chance in Women's where the pool of players is smaller.
Goes to a more fundamental problem with the entire franchise model as it currently exists in cricket though; these sides have next to no core sporting identity, and no sense of players being exclusively invested in one team (and therefore you as fans should be the same). If you encourage mercenary cricketers don't be surprised when you get mercenary fans.

Spark

Global Moderator
My favourite thing is actually that she had a swipe at the Bangladeshi High Commissioner (????) not showing up of all things. Totally off the rails.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I guess she’s got such a chip on her that she would be this petty.

It’s cricket ffs
Glorious uncertainties

love and let live

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was stupid, petty and extremely unbecoming of a national team's captain but it was also bloody hilarious. She actually told the BD captain when she brought her team to pose with the trophy to bring the umpires as well. :laugh:

I mean, the umpiring decisions were suckoor Rana bad and this was extremely bad conduct on her part, but its gonna make women's cricket more popular too. And the Ind-BD rivalry is gonna live on forever there as well.

There was an incident between Sowmya Sarkar and Harshit Rana in the Emerging Players Asia Cup as well. :laugh:

She went full Shakib?
In his home country too.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
My favourite thing is actually that she had a swipe at the Bangladeshi High Commissioner (????) not showing up of all things. Totally off the rails.
Sounded like she was thanking him/her for coming and taking a swipe at the organizers for not inviting him/her onto the podium.