• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

mackembhoy

International Debutant
The covers used in co certs (assuming your talking about something like ArmourDeck) takes a crew of 25 approx 6 hours to cover a football pitch, needs underlays of fabric to protect the grass rolled out first, and the takes that same 25 man crew about 7 hours to pick up again.

So I'd respectfully suggest the concert style coverings are not the way.
I'm going off a local to Old Trafford and what he says they use for concerts.

I've also seen what they use at Durham and is more akin to the covers on the square.

I'm fully aware of what they use at football stadia to protect the pitch.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The covers used in co certs (assuming your talking about something like ArmourDeck) takes a crew of 25 approx 6 hours to cover a football pitch, needs underlays of fabric to protect the grass rolled out first, and the takes that same 25 man crew about 7 hours to pick up again.

So I'd respectfully suggest the concert style coverings are not the way.
I'd respectfully disagree. 7 hours to get the covers off sounds ideal in our current situation.

slippy888

International Captain
Mitchell Marsh blocking basically saved Australia the ashes urn you would have never think he could do this like 3 years ago when he looked done as a cricketer

loterry1994

International Debutant
Mitchell Marsh blocking basically saved Australia the ashes urn you would have never think he could do this like 3 years ago when he looked done as a cricketer
A lot of credit goes to him he played that situation perfect. Didn’t score much but chewed up a lot of balls and rotated the strike enough and Marnus done most the scoring to get over 100 runs that session. Took away his cover drives and pull shots to reduce the risk of getting out.

slippy888

International Captain
Draw is 1/16 odds now, you could get 1/3 odds in the morning this is done guys let Australia celebrate on the pitch asap

halba

International 12th Man
Complete wash out day. there ya go. thats a huge result for aus- considering they were totally gone in the match...
they have a chance for some improvement in the 5th test- i imagine as its a draw- the only change will be Murphy for Green. Considering Haze is now rested enough with the rain, doesnt have to bowl 2nd inn and he got 5 wickets in this game, so you cant drop Hazlewood anymore. Starc auto plays as he is a wicket taking bowler and left armed.

Bad luck for Neser- he did not impress enough in his County appearances - bowling wise- to get a game. Too average and medium pace which is not what the selector's want

Cummins has some rest to hopefully rectify his sins in this game lol- and get a better surface for the 5th test.

Warner did just enough to keep his spot.

slippy888

International Captain
England fans cant really complain guys remember 2005 ashes 5th test oval when over 150 overs where lost to bad weather