• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

91Jmay

International Coach
Honest question for you guys what’s been the bigger issue this series for Australia their batters or the bowlers?
Batters have chucked away some serious positions of dominance. The 5 down collapses have been awful and lots of set blokes not going on.

The bowling plans have been very ordinary to say the least but feel their bowling has won them games not massively convinced their batting has outside of Smythe one innings

CartyDurham

International Captain
The only respite for the Aussie attack is they'll not be bowling again for close to a week, minimum.
They came in with a nine day break here

I feel the turnaround for them plus the extra test they had , has really affected Cummins in particular

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honest question for you guys what’s been the bigger issue this series for Australia their batters or the bowlers?
Of these two it’s batting. It’s a different game if you post 400-450, as was shown at Lord’s compared with Leeds and here

loterry1994

International Debutant
Let’s be fair we are three days in and Australia are desperate for rain to save this game

England have all the momentum now and even if this is rained off, I can’t see anything but an England win at the oval

Cummins , Starc look spent forces in this game with the quick turnover and the Aussies are relying on Mitch marsh here to guard the tail

Come the Oval what attack will Australia deploy ?

Boland has been hit out of the side , Green is steady but he won’t be bowling a team out

Starc and Cummins look shattered , Murphy is too raw to throw in

they are desperate for this to be a draw
all you need is a great session or two and the momentum changes quickly England showed it this test everyone thought this would be close. You just need one guy to go big or someone to take a fifer and the pressures on

CartyDurham

International Captain
all you need is a great session or two and the momentum changes quickly England showed it this test everyone thought this would be close. You just need one guy to go big or someone to take a fifer and the pressures on
ive seen this with England at home for years

the test team don’t play championship red ball anymore so the start of a series is always difficult

this year even more so with smith and labuschagne coming over early and that world champs test

England were more like the touring team as Australia had more red ball play in their legs already

for me the really big turning point was Lyon limping off ,

that’s been highlighted how crucial his role is in these last two tests and why the Aussie seamers have been going at over 6 an over for the last few innings, they are worn out

so be it if it rains and they retain the ashes, well played just

I still think England will win at The Oval

CartyDurham

International Captain
Do you mean UK based forecasters or forecasting UK weather?

There are many global weather forecasters making the same prediction
Anything in the uk these days is worth taking a huge bowl of salt with it

we will get play in the next two days. For me 60 overs worth will be enough

Gob

International Coach
If there is less rain than feared, can Marnus bat and bat? He's good enough and Green is capable of something special.
Not for two days. Most people are under the assumption that tomorrow is gone and probably a one afternoon session possible on Sunday in that case it's touch and go with added Australian batting

If there is any play tomorrow in addition to Sunday, England win easily

WICFan

State 12th Man
They came in with a nine day break here

I feel the turnaround for them plus the extra test they had , has really affected Cummins in particular
Yeah but I think physically and mentally they will appreciate getting out of the firing line.

England may have a couple of decisions to make with their attack as well. Robinson or Tongue may come into consideration for Anderson or Broad.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I see Carey conceded 15 byes. Did he keep poorly in the 1st innings or was it due to bad (very wide) bowling punishing the keeper?