• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
Thing is aus went away from their game far too quickly. They were still getting edges flying around before the short stuff and field put tactics.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia should be ashamed

Crawley is talented but generally an awful fc batsman

Every man & their dog knows that he’s a nicker but we have persisted with the rubbish which has gotten us into trouble for 2 fkn years

Wayner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Here's the thing though - they didn't look toothless to begin with. There was plenty of false shots and edges still. Then they decided to go to that horrible short ball tactic and everything just fell apart.
The short ball hasnt been a factor in this test so that was baffling

91Jmay

International Coach
Here's the thing though - they didn't look toothless to begin with. There was plenty of false shots and edges still. Then they decided to go to that horrible short ball tactic and everything just fell apart.
Short ball tactics is good on a stodgy pitch but on a pretty true and nice surface even our bats are OK with it. Woakes been by miles best bowler in match and I'd wager his length has been considerably fuller than most of rest

ImpatientLime

International Regular
i repeat my comment from the last test. how does a team made up of an absurdly high level of ability, lose the plot so often?

they are the goldilocks of cricket teams.