• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Spark

Global Moderator
I have an idea for a strategy: pack the offside and bowl a foot wide of off stump.

Aka the thing they should have been doing from ball one

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not as bad as all out 60? You serious?
Hard to compare batting and bowling implosions I guess. But 60ao meant the series was done by lunch on day one and this position is still easily recoverable. Hell, an Oz lead not beyond the realms of possibility based on what we’ve seen in the series to date. Not close, surely.

Kirkut

International Regular
Not as bad as all out 60? You serious?
Yes, 60 all out was at least top class bowling attributed to Aussie batting not familiar with lateral movement.

No way Cummins/Haze/Starc should go for runs like this, the same attack bowled out India for 36.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hard to compare batting and bowling implosions I guess. But 60ao meant the series was done by lunch on day one and this position is still easily recoverable. Hell, an Oz lead not beyond the realms of possibility based on what we’ve seen in the series to date. Not close, surely.
Yeah this is definitely up there but it's not "the game is over by lunch".

Howe_zat

Audio File
What's the fastest hundred by an England batter ? Does Root have a chance ?
It's Gilbert Jessop, who rose to public prominence after a century out of focus last winter when England kept threating to take the record every game against NZ and Pakistan. 76 balls is the figure.

Don't think Root will get there but I'd like to see Gilbert get another mention at least

chris.hinton

International Captain
Yes, 60 all out was at least top class bowling attributed to Aussie batting not familiar with lateral movement.

No way Cummins/Haze/Starc should go for runs like this, the same attack bowled out India for 36.
Haze is finished. Starc is inconsistent and Cummins is out of form. Plus Crawley, Root, Stokes are better then India's batsman in the conditions