• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Kraken

State Captain
Just watching the highlights from where I fell asleep:

- 60/40 Englands day
- Imagine if woakes was good away from England eh?
- I’m not disputing Greens LBW as it hits a fair amount of the stump, but how does that get given out but the other ones (which were way more plumb) get given not out?
- head getting caught on the fence hurts, but that’s the price we take him at
- Marsh looked imperious, only a good nut was getting him out

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching the highlights from where I fell asleep:

- 60/40 Englands day
- Imagine if woakes was good away from England eh?
- I’m not disputing Greens LBW as it hits a fair amount of the stump, but how does that get given out but the other ones (which were way more plumb) get given not out?
- head getting caught on the fence hurts, but that’s the price we take him at
- Marsh looked imperious, only a good nut was getting him out
The green lbw was a pretty poor decision live. Don’t think Joel Wilson knows what he’s doing anyway though

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd agree with that.

Australia will be disappointed to be 8 down. So many players got starts but nobody went on to get a big score.

They really should have been around 320 for 5 or 6.

But unless the forecast changes, they won't be made to pay for that.
Agreed

300/6 with weather closing in is a vastly different position to 300/8 against a new ball and a sunny day ahead

Kraken

State Captain
The green lbw was a pretty poor decision live. Don’t think Joel Wilson knows what he’s doing anyway though
Yeah exactly my point. If he was any good, that gets given not out and green is saved, and the others are correctly given out without England having to review

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed

300/6 with weather closing in is a vastly different position to 300/8 against a new ball and a sunny day ahead
Yeah 2/100 at lunch you’d hope to be better than 8/300. It’s not a disaster for Australia but FMD it should’ve been a whole lot better. Like even if Sunday got better climate wise the Poms should be in a situation where they need to take a lot of risks to win. They still do but their path to victory is more plausible than it should be.

Spark

Global Moderator
I share the frustration with the wasted starts (again) but the batting hasn't really been the problem in this series IMO. The bowling has. If they bowl to the standard we actually expect them to bowl at then 300-320 is a perfectly acceptable first innings score on a pitch doing a little - not a lot, but a little. It doesn't look a great score in no small part because we don't quite trust the bowlers right now to restrict England to a subpar score regularly.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn’t see the Warner wicket until just now. He’s walking before YJB has caught it - bold given Jonny’s form with the gloves prior to today
Ponting started to do this sort of thing very late in his career too - a small sign that his head wasn't 100% in it any more. He even walked for an LBW once.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ponting started to do this sort of thing very late in his career too - a small sign that his head wasn't 100% in it any more. He even walked for an LBW once.
Haha who was the LBW against?

Think Gilchrist did that in 05. Possibly The Oval to Fred? He’d had his number so stands to the same reason