• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
But i think he should get one test more after announcing his retirement. It will be great. I dont want a player like him to disappear. He should announce his retirement after this test and play the next as his final one.
Darren Gough retired in the lords dressing room post a game .

it’s sad seeing Anderson toil like a dibbly dobbler and this is no slight on Starc but he made him look everyone of his 41 years

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fun day to watch. England in front marginally I think. They’d have wanted to bowl Aus out for a few less I suppose after sending them in but Aus pretty profligate again. Could and should have fisted England out of the series today

CartyDurham

International Captain
this is a great batting deck

England get 400+ and will be set up for the win
It’s time now, with the expected rain . To get 400 plus I feel they would need to bat a minimum of 80 overs . England don’t tend to do that length of innings

of course they still need to get these two out and I do hope we remember to bowl at the stumps and not try for top edges caught on the boundary

loterry1994

International Debutant
Problem with Green and Carey they hardly ever look good their first 15 runs. And don’t rotate strike quick enough even with singles and they usually always get a decent ball before they hit 30 runs. There intent isn’t great think that’s a big reason they’re struggling. But guys like Head and Marsh don’t start strong as well but look way better

Gob

International Coach
Well you play out the day and 300 on the board (almost) after being sent in, you'd probably say its a good job but **** me there were some lazy dismissals as well. That Woakes double wicket over was the crucial blow. Marsh could have ran away especially if he was left with the tail

loterry1994

International Debutant
Also I’ll say Aus running between the wickets was very good today. Funny how khawaja gets out early and everyone else has more intent to run. He was really bogging the team down with it.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Also I’ll say Aus running between the wickets was very good today. Funny how khawaja gets out early and everyone else has more intent to run. He was really bogging the team down with it.
Was good early but it started to slow down as there was a couple of fumbles that could have been run outs, then a few runs not taken when Carey was batting

most of the aus top batsmen got themselves well in before imploding to very strange shots .

loterry1994

International Debutant
Well you play out the day and 300 on the board (almost) after being sent in, you'd probably say its a good job but **** me there were some lazy dismissals as well. That Woakes double wicket over was the crucial blow. Marsh could have ran away especially if he was left with the tail
Smith got a bit overconfident with his technique and got done by woods pace. Marnus wicket was prettt lazy looked like he had no idea how to play Ali the 10 or so balls he faced him while everyone else had no trouble. Heads wicket couldn’t settle in after tea. Marsh got a good nut, Carey’s wicket was the most annoying for me, he played a good hour with Starc then pulls off that crap to get out

loterry1994

International Debutant
Was good early but it started to slow down as there was a couple of fumbles that could have been run outs, then a few runs not taken when Carey was batting

most of the aus top batsmen got themselves well in before imploding to very strange shots .
Been the story all series with people not being able to convert. You could put your house on England doing something similar their innings.

Gob

International Coach
Actually there run rate was pretty good. If they went at 2.8 or something similar like the last game, they are around 230 at the moment. You could argue they lost wickets due to extra aggression but most of the wickets other than Head happened when they were defending

At least there is a score now and if they can forge two 20 run partnerships tomorrow, we are looking around 340

loterry1994

International Debutant
Actually there run rate was pretty good. If they went at 2.8 or something similar like the last game, they are around 230 at the moment. You could argue they lost wickets due to extra aggression but most of the wickets other than Head happened when they were defending

At least there is a score now and if they can forge two 20 run partnerships tomorrow, we are looking around 340
yeah it’s important when guys like Warner, Marsh, Head get going. If it’s just smith, marnus, and uzzy scoring most the runs the run rate always seems to drop this series

loterry1994

International Debutant
Also starcy with his wife’s bat his runs are very important. Another 15-20 from him and it’s a different games they could of got rolled under 270

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have to fancy us for the early wickets tomorrow. Got to bat all day then, aiming for a declaration 200 ahead on Friday morning - whether Moeen and Joe will be happy about being called in then is up for debate I suppose