• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
300 is okay on this IMO. Not amazing, maybe not even par (probably a little below), but it's okay. Should have been so much better though.
300 above par I think. Both teams haven’t got past 300 that many times this series. Could of been way higher but and lucky not to get bowled for 250

CartyDurham

International Captain
Anyone ever batted with a massive shadow in mid pitch before ?

must be awkward at the pace these blokes are operating at

CartyDurham

International Captain
they're making him look a proper part timer here. Starc isn't even bothered in the slightest.

Time to hang up the boots I think if he knows whats best for him
Totally agree. One series too many and I thought he would walk off, like others had at the Oval but if England are at 2-2 , I just don’t see him playing

maybe it’s for the best for him to depart on this his home patch

CartyDurham

International Captain
But before this series he was in form of his life. Touring and getting wickets everywhere. Average dec day by day. Even sr was great. I don't know what happened suddenly.
Hes 41. It can hit anyone the wall at the age he is . I remember when I packed in playing soccer and it hit me mid match after I had sprayed a pass through where the forward scored

I waved to the manager , to be subbed off, got changed and never returned to even watch a game again

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Totally agree. One series too many and I thought he would walk off, like others had at the Oval but if England are at 2-2 , I just don’t see him playing

maybe it’s for the best for him to depart on this his home patch
But i think he should get one test more after announcing his retirement. It will be great. I dont want a player like him to disappear. He should announce his retirement after this test and play the next as his final one.