• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Gob

International Coach
he is very poor against the moving ball.

however, eng will definitely back him as he is fits in with bazball. he could come good when eng tour india early next year.

hope eng eventually pick josh bohannon
Would be really surprised if he does anything meaningful against Ashwin tbh

CartyDurham

International Captain
Honestly, I don’t think Stokes will ask Root to bat 3 either. I would though.
I agree but as with other strange decisions, the ordinary punters will have to get used to it

I mean Crawley would have disappeared a long time ago back in the 90s and early to mid 2000s

he appears to be batting until illness, loss of limb or death in this current set up

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
I agree but as with other strange decisions, the ordinary punters will have to get used to it

I mean Crawley would have disappeared a long time ago back in the 90s and early to mid 2000s

he appears to be batting until illness, loss of limb or death in this current set up
But doesn’t his Dad have influential friends? (Am I allowed to say this?)

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
From the current squad, I’m sticking Moeen there again
With the current squad I'd put Mo at 3 as Root clearly doesn't seem to want to there and its a waste to put Brook there when he's so better suited to bat at 5.

It's far from ideal but probably the least bad option.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bat at 3? Because he's just produced two outstanding innings lower down the order. As someone else said, it's preferable to let the guys who have performed with the bat play in their preferred position and let one of the duds bat elsewhere on the off chance they might contribute.
I was sort of responding to the idea of Stokes "asking" Root to go to 3. Mo has always considered himself a batsman who bowls a bit. He wants the gig.

The only change I think England will and should make is in the bowling attack.