• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’ve put the new plonker on ignore. How have the mods not acted to remove this blatant troll already?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
People are now unironically suggesting Glenn Maxwell.
One word: no
Every time I see him bat, I wince. That shovel-ly slap he does down the ground now with half a bat face, I just don't know how a guy of his natural ability and ability to play good cricket shots got to this point. It's just all so ugh. Having said that, I'm now reading Steve Smith's Men and it's an insight as to why his talent might've been butchered through little fault of his own.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Seen you mention that book a couple of times now Steve - who is it by, worth a read?
Geez I crapped on about it, didn't I. I really enjoyed it though. Really interesting look into the way Australia played its cricket through the 2010s and how that led to the sandpaper incident, CA's lack of accountability etc. I don't know who Geoff Lemon is, but it's incredibly well written.

Combed through that and Commander in Cheat (book about Donald Trump's penchant for cheating at golf) in a day. So good.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Geez I crapped on about it, didn't I. I really enjoyed it though. Really interesting look into the way Australia played its cricket through the 2010s and how that led to the sandpaper incident, CA's lack of accountability etc. I don't know who Geoff Lemon is, but it's incredibly well written.

Combed through that and Commander in Cheat (book about Donald Trump's penchant for cheating at golf) in a day. So good.
Re trumps golf. On the Apple News feed today they posted trump playing and he did an almighty shank out of bounds

no doubt that will be marked as an eagle on his card

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He wrote a follow up about the 2019 summer which is equally good.