• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Re trumps golf. On the Apple News feed today they posted trump playing and he did an almighty shank out of bounds

no doubt that will be marked as an eagle on his card
Hahaha I did see that and sent it to quite a few mates. Full blooded shank off a short pitch. Glorious. Would love to have seen and heard the aftermath.

Gob

International Coach
Geez I crapped on about it, didn't I. I really enjoyed it though. Really interesting look into the way Australia played its cricket through the 2010s and how that led to the sandpaper incident, CA's lack of accountability etc. I don't know who Geoff Lemon is, but it's incredibly well written.

Combed through that and Commander in Cheat (book about Donald Trump's penchant for cheating at golf) in a day. So good.
I always mix up Geoff Lemon with Adam Colins

Atleast it's one of those two people

halba

International 12th Man
David warner might finally be done as Selectors likely to replace him with Green

Potential XI 4th test. Murphy left out- as no impact.

Labuschagne moves up to open.

Labuschagne
Khawaja
Green
Smith
Head
M. Marsh
Carey
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood

Qlder

International Debutant
You'd have Green at #3 in England conditions despite him never having batted higher than #4 in FC cricket?

Smith to 3, Marsh 4, Green at 6 if he starts to bat aggressive, otherwise leave him out

Starris

U19 12th Man
Do they just keep the likes of Warner around for the niggle factor? Or is it the lack of a genuine opener as replacement.

I remember a time when OK couldn't make the team no matter how well he performed...

What happened to Australian's riches.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
I’m loving the fact we now seem to have an opening partnership, of sorts. Now it’s a number 3 we are missing ffs. Is Mo the answer ? No!
Oz now asking asking questions about their batting also 😂.

Gob

International Coach
I’m loving the fact we now seem to have an opening partnership, of sorts. Now it’s a number 3 we are missing ffs. Is Mo the answer ? No!
Oz now asking asking questions about their batting also 😂.
I'd be really surprised if Ducket forms a decent international career tbh way too loose. Will be gone and forgotten soon

I actually back Crawley to be decent at some point

danzydab

U19 Debutant
I'd be really surprised if Ducket forms a decent international career tbh way too loose. Will be gone and forgotten soon

he is very poor against the moving ball.

however, eng will definitely back him as he is fits in with bazball. he could come good when eng tour india early next year.

hope eng eventually pick josh bohannon

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain

Duckett is not a long term solution until he learns to leave. Crawley is just baffling to me, but hey they are going ok, which is a vast improvement over recent years.

CartyDurham

International Captain
If England get to over 50 with 1 or 2 wickets gone it’s usually bonus runs time

the amount of times in the last few years where they’ve been 30 odd for 3 is annoying

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
If England get to over 50 with 1 or 2 wickets gone it’s usually bonus runs time

the amount of times in the last few years where they’ve been 30 odd for 3 is annoying
This is now the dilemma, should Stokes not say to Root “hey Joe you’re our best batsman, put that filthy scoop shot away, bat 3 and go win us the ashes”?

CartyDurham

International Captain
This is now the dilemma, should Stokes not say to Root “hey Joe you’re our best batsman, put that filthy scoop shot away, bat 3 and go win us the ashes”?
He could but I don’t see it happening soon .

it’s going to be interesting to see what happens in Englands first innings with the positions of Moeen and Brook