• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Molehill

International Captain
Eng best xi>> will easily best Aus at old Trafford

Duckett
Crawley
Root
Brook
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes
Broad
Tongue
Wood
No spinner, England simply don't win matches without a spinner, no matter how often they try it (bar one seamers paradise in SA). Also, OT needs a spinner too.

Molehill

International Captain
Nah they want him to play it so he's got some overs under his belt in prep for the Test. I think it's actually a good sign for his chances.
I read it that way too. Boland may as well get the next plane home, he's not getting another game in this series. Neser is either playing or at worst the first choice replacement for Hazlewood.

91Jmay

International Coach
Have to play a spinner at OT. I'd go Dawson and just force Root to play 3 for couple of games. He's in great form and although Mo actually bowled well 2nd innings (despite Aus playing him awfully, he was accurate for most part) he just looks so out of practise & was never a particularly great player anyway.

halba

International 12th Man
Likely the only change will be Tongue for the injured Robinson. Everyone else stays. Anderson test career is mostly over with so many faster and younger than him now and more all round in ability. Even Woakes was pretty sharp clocking at 135kph, plus being extremely handy with the bat. Really good cricketers- Wood and Woakes

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Likely the only change will be Tongue for the injured Robinson. Everyone else stays. Anderson test career is mostly over with so many faster and younger than him now and more all round in ability. Even Woakes was pretty sharp clocking at 135kph, plus being extremely handy with the bat. Really good cricketers- Wood and Woakes
That's the change I would like to see

WICFan

State 12th Man
I read it that way too. Boland may as well get the next plane home, he's not getting another game in this series. Neser is either playing or at worst the first choice replacement for Hazlewood.
Meanwhile, Glenn Maxwell is playing in Warwickshire's County Championship game.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Neser is in the Glamorgan team that should have started a four day game today but it was rained out completely

maxwell bowled 5 overs for 17 , 0 wickets today for Warwickshire

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The key difference in the third test was the spin - Moeen got Smith and Labuschagne while Murphy was comparatively just a passenger.

Like fast bowlers, good spinners are equally important to balance the workload of a bowling attack and taking key wickets.
Smith and Labuschagne got themselves out tbh.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Foakes scoring a very Foakes-like 48 in the county championship today. Probably not enough to get him noticed by the selectors though unless he hits another 50 or tons up 2nd innings

CartyDurham

International Captain
Foakes scoring a very Foakes-like 48 in the county championship today. Probably not enough to get him noticed by the selectors though unless he hits another 50 or tons up 2nd innings
Tomorrows press has a story stating that as far as the management goes Bairstow will be retained in the side

daily telegraph back page splash Tuesday morning

I know that says football but scroll down and the back sports pages can be seen including the Bairstow story

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Tomorrows press has a story stating that as far as the management goes Bairstow will be retained in the side

daily telegraph back page splash Tuesday morning

I know that says football but scroll down and the back sports pages can be seen including the Bairstow story
I'd be surprised if Bairstow was dropped or played just as a batsman with Foakes keeping.

They've made their choice and I think they'll stick with it

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
You really do have no clue at all fella.