• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
No??? If you filter for 30 Test wickets as a spinner outside of Asia in Jadeja's career he's only behind Maharaj (who plays in SA which has had some turning wickets when he and Harmer paired up), Lyon (home in Australia), Ashwin and Swann's last few years (home in England). That's not horrible lol.
He has the worst SR for a spinner in that filter and one of the worst averages.

suprisingly Ashwin has even worse stats than Jadeja outside Asia 🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭

look at Moeen Ali in that list mate, thats what their outside asia career looks the most comparable to 💀

and if youre gonna tell me Moeen Ali was this gun spinner of his time then i dont know what to tell you

Xix2565

International Regular
He has the worst SR for a spinner in that filter and one of the worst averages.

suprisingly Ashwin has even worse stats than Jadeja outside Asia 🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭

look at Moeen Ali in that list mate, thats what their outside asia career looks the most comparable to 💀

and if youre gonna tell me Moeen Ali was this gun spinner of his time then i dont know what to tell you
I mean what exactly do you want lol? I'm pointing to conditions here but you want to take it as an irrefutable sign of quality. Do you have a brain in there or what?

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
I mean what exactly do you want lol? I'm pointing to conditions here but you want to take it as an irrefutable sign of quality. Do you have a brain in there or what?
wdym what do i want? I said jadeja is ineffective outside asia and you bring up a list showing he is really is ineffective alongside ashwin.

look at the others Maharaj, Swann, Lyon etc. they have such nice stats outside asia.

then go look at overseas spinners stats in the last 10 years in india, SO many of thenjust casually averaging in the mid 20s.

joke of a spinning legend this duo. As bowlers Jadeja is mediocre and Ashwin is Mid. No need to overrate their bowling after inflating it at home. but as all rounders they are a very good asset

Xix2565

International Regular
wdym what do i want? I said jadeja is ineffective outside asia and you bring up a list showing he is really is ineffective alongside ashwin.

look at the others Maharaj, Swann, Lyon etc. they have such nice stats outside asia.

then go look at overseas spinners stats in the last 10 years in india, SO many of thenjust casually averaging in the mid 20s.

joke of a spinning legend this duo. As bowlers Jadeja is mediocre and Ashwin is Mid. No need to overrate their bowling after inflating it at home. but as all rounders they are a very good asset
I said that it overall doesn't hurt his case as much as you want to deny it lol. Actually make a point instead of idiotic claims please.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Fierce comment battle going on here , why can't we just admit that these guys we name will never play with or against each other , besides you'd pick a side according to the conditions so the XI would always change ..Example you wouldn't pick Warne against an all time Indian batting line up he'd get smashed to pieces , you wouldn't pick Murali on a tour to Australia especially if Daryl Hair is the umpire .

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar, Barry Richards, Graeme Smith, Trumper, Morris, Greenidge
Graeme Smith and Morris aren't better than Hayden. Smith may be considered better but not by so much that he's ATG and Hayden isn't. Morris is just worse. He was part of the Invincibles but he had a short career and was mediocre for half of that. Struggled against England once the got some good pacers. If the charge against Hayden is that he's an FTB and struggled against great bowlers then Morris can't possibly be considered better than him.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Graeme Smith and Morris aren't better than Hayden. Smith may be considered better but not by so much that he's ATG and Hayden isn't. Morris is just worse. He was part of the Invincibles but he had a short career and was mediocre for half of that. Struggled against England once the got some good pacers. If the current against Hayden is that he's an FTB and struggled against great bowlers then Morris can't possibly be considered better than him.
Bradman rated Richards and Morris the 2 best openers, and considering he played against Hobbs, Hutton, and Sutcliffe they must've been top quality.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Bradman rated Richards and Morris the 2 best openers, and considering he played against Hobbs, Hutton, and Sutcliffe they must've been top quality.
Yeah but that might be quite subjective. Think Simpson and Morris are both objectively overrated. Prefer Lawry.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Honestly reckon Woodfull and Ponsford were the answer to Hobbs and Hutton, but their career numbers got sabotaged with bodyline tactics