• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Shakib underrated af here, dude has zero literal zero support yet averages under 30 with the ball

In an atg team he would be insane given how good his batting is too

subshakerz

International Coach
I would go with Younis though, as Dravid averages 54 during his Peak (97-05) after removing Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and WI.

54 is great stuff but in comparison to Younis’s peak numbers he falls behind. Secondly his peak window of 8 years is also lesser than the others.
Yeah but Younis was playing on a lot of dour pitches in that time and wasn't as tested abroad compared to Dravid.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Need a gun keeper especially when dealing with huge swing from Wasim and massive turn from Murali. Therefore I'd pick Prasanna Jayawardene.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Yeah but Younis was playing on a lot of dour pitches in that time and wasn't as tested abroad compared to Dravid.
what? Younis played most of his career abroad, Younis couldn't even reap home advantage properly, due to pakistans home ban. Isnt younis the only batsman in history to score a century in 11 different countries? What is this abroad claim?

subshakerz

International Coach
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Miandad
Shakib
Imran (c)
Prasanna J (wk)
Wasim
Waqar
Murali
Compared to my XI, you end up with a weaker batting lineup thanks to dropping Dravid and a weaker bowling lineup with Shakib rather than Kumble as second spinner. You do have more depth though and a better keeper but that won't matter as much.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I would go with Younis though, as Dravid averages 54 during his Peak (97-05) after removing Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and WI.

54 is great stuff but in comparison to Younis’s peak numbers he falls behind. Secondly his peak window of 8 years is also lesser than the others.
Dravid did also average 65 away from home at the end of his peak. Remove Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Pakistan roads and it's still above sixty. Younis wasn't as good as him against any type of pace bowling.

Interesting to note that Sangakkara under this filter never got above 45. Dravid finished six points higher but the gap was bigger than that throughout their careers.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Dravid did also average 65 away from home at the end of his peak. Remove Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Pakistan roads and it's still above sixty. Younis wasn't as good as him against any type of pace bowling.

Interesting to note that Sangakkara under this filter never got above 45. Dravid finished six points higher but the gap was bigger than that throughout their careers.
genuine question, why did Dravid with numbers like these and players like Sachin, Sehwag, Laxman, Kumble, Dhoni, Zaheer, Irfan etc always ended up losing games for india?

when I think of that indian side despite all these names they lost more than they won. Makes you wuestion if all these numbers stacked, what was the point if you couldnt achieve wins

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Dude just pulled younis wasnt good abroad while playing 99 away games compared to 19 home games, where at home he clearly had his strength their which he couldnt avail into his overall stats.

🤣🤣🤣 this guy is clueless

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
genuine question, why did Dravid with numbers like these and players like Sachin, Sehwag, Laxman, Kumble, Dhoni, Zaheer, Irfan etc always ended up losing games for india?

when I think of that indian side despite all these names they lost more than they won. Makes you wuestion if all these numbers stacked, what was the point if you couldnt achieve wins
I would never blame the guy who scored runs on his team losing. But to answer your question, think their bowling stocks just weren't good enough.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Lol what which format are you talking about?

India were probably the team that consistently gave Australia their toughest series in tests when Sachin dravid laxman sehwag played together. And got to number 1 in the world once zaheer learned how to bowl properly. The large majority of India's overseas wins also had a big contribution from dravid too, so that was just a weird claim.

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
I would never blame the guy who scored runs on his team losing. But to answer your question, think their bowling stocks just weren't good enough.
But india’s bowling was never good before that either, they were all 30 averaging bowlers before them too, except india found all its atg lineup in dravids gen compared to other gens and yet lost so often.

i think some batsmen’s approach and statpadding claim is quite likely true