• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Throwing Murphy to the wolves by just giving him one over in an extended session. Something you would do with a part-timer like Steve Smith.

Just clearly has no faith in him.
I think he has faith in him but when he wanted to bring him on they were leaking just a few too many runs.

One of those difficult things as a skipper. I think Cummins gets a few calls wrong, and ideally you'd have wanted Murphy to bowl sooner, but it was cloudy early and it was doing enough to persist with the seamers for a good part of the morning. The four wickets were great but ideally they'd have leaked 20 or so less.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, England just need 5 20 runs partnerships from here and they're home. Not impossible that they could collapse in a heap, but with the sun out and the swing melting away I think Murphy is really going to have to stand up if Aus are to run them close.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Smith in search of his 6th catch but no luck yet

Twice he took 4 catches each in one innings each but next innings no catches

98 to win,

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Lyon getting injured has really upset the rhythm of the bowling attack. Murphy's not gonna take wickets if you just bowl him for two over mini spells.

G. S. Kohli

Brooks*/Stokes*/ Johnny/Robinson/ Woakes/ Wood & (Broad who need 340 for 4000 test runs)

On paper Eng looks good, new session & every thing not same.

G. S. Kohli

Lyon getting injured has really upset the rhythm of the bowling attack. Murphy's not gonna take wickets if you just bowl him for two over mini spells.
Lyon not available but i do not think Eng can win next two test too as stokes told.

I wants to win 3rd/4th & 5th test
He told before the toss

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I think he has faith in him but when he wanted to bring him on they were leaking just a few too many runs.

One of those difficult things as a skipper. I think Cummins gets a few calls wrong, and ideally you'd have wanted Murphy to bowl sooner, but it was cloudy early and it was doing enough to persist with the seamers for a good part of the morning. The four wickets were great but ideally they'd have leaked 20 or so less.
Nah mate your mate ****ed this one up I reckon. But still time for redemption