• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

halba

International 12th Man
Will no doubt be the same at Old Trafford.

The rain in the NW is biblical compared to everywhere else. Lived over there for Uni and was horrible when you were caught out without a waterproof.

Typical the real posho events of Wimbledon and Silverstone get to go ahead. But a northern cricket match and it's gonna be ruined.
Wimbledon has a roof on the main courts.

Niall

International Coach
There was that one time Australia needed 1 wicket to win and Ojha was plumb lbw but but bowden didn't give it and Ojha wandered out of his crease like a moron and Steve Smith picked up the ball and threw it at the stumps get him run out but it went for 4 overthrows.

I looked up that test as I barely remember it , a lot going on here, that Aussie team was a bit memey , Hilfy, Bollinger and Hauritz leading the line, Laxman batting at ten in the 1st innings and Ishant contributing with the bat BOTH INNINGS.

I recall Laxman with Ojha going insane also over running.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Will no doubt be the same at Old Trafford.

The rain in the NW is biblical compared to everywhere else. Lived over there for Uni and was horrible when you were caught out without a waterproof.

Typical the real posho events of Wimbledon and Silverstone get to go ahead. But a northern cricket match and it's gonna be ruined.
Was just going to post before seeing this - to point out that the weather we’re seeing is in YARKSIRE. I’m west of the Pennines, about half-hour drive from Old Trafford, and it ain’t raining here….

….. Yet.., 😉

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the replay of yesterday while the rain is on, and Marnus is about to get out. What he did makes even less sense seeing how untroubled he was before he decided to slog sweep one. With England a bowler down, apparently we decided to gift them wickets like they did us in the 2nd test, rather than make them grind it out.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
A lot of people have been suggesting that he was a dud in England for years and knew what to expect. You realise he was Broad's bunny and averaged 9.5 last Ashes series out here?

Warner is always a good selection in Aus. but never in England. We're just waiting for our selectors to wise up to it.

This is why I can't rate Warner as a "really good batsman/opening batsman"....I think he is good but not that good....his stats are inflated due it his superior record in the comforts of home (Australia). But away from home he averages 32.6....not good enough for a Test opening batsman. His technique is flawed and he gets found out.

But I guess we can all assume he will he selected for the Test matches in Australia during the summer - they will be at home after all.

loterry1994

International Debutant
This is why I can't rate Warner as a "really good batsman/opening batsman"....I think he is good but not that good....his stats are inflated due it his superior record in the comforts of home (Australia). But away from home he averages 32.6....not good enough for a Test opening batsman. His technique is flawed and he gets found out.

But I guess we can all assume he will he selected for the Test matches in Australia during the summer - they will be at home after all.
The aus batting conditions are similar to England bowling conditions. You can pad up your stats a bit from them in both countries

CartyDurham

International Captain
6/1 the draw available. I posted yesterday the odds and it was 13/2

so some money has gone on it

Aus are 6/5

England are 11/10

Those odds are the same from around tea time yesterday

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the replay of yesterday while the rain is on, and Marnus is about to get out. What he did makes even less sense seeing how untroubled he was before he decided to slog sweep one. With England a bowler down, apparently we decided to gift them wickets like they did us in the 2nd test, rather than make them grind it out.
Marnus is all over the place atm

mackembhoy

International Regular
Wimbledon has a roof on the main courts.
I thought it was just Centre court?

Edit: see court 1 does too I've gone off tennis so was unaware.

All a retractable roof on two of their courts tells you is that Wimbledon is definitely more posh than any cricket event.

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Theyve called early iunch 12:30 to 1:10
Hope that means they think play can start straight after

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It has been done before. Remember when Flintoff worked Hughes out so they dropped him and promoted an all rounder (Watson) up the order? We didn't win the series, but were never going to but Watson fared ok
A big part of the reason Hughes was dropped on that tour was so Watson could be brought in as cover for Johnson who was bowling like a drain

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
6/1 the draw available. I posted yesterday the odds and it was 13/2

so some money has gone on it

Aus are 6/5

England are 11/10

Those odds are the same from around tea time yesterday
Hi Carty. Just to let you know I’m in a choral society and we’re doing a concert tonight, rehearsal this afternoon, so you won’t be seeing me on the forum until very late, or at all. Hope there is some cricket for everyone else to watch…. I’ll set TV to record, just in case..