• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Blast 2023

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hampshire are 95 for 5 they need six to win off 5.3 overs

so that’s over

Essex v Hampshire

Somerset V Surrey

Sky haven’t announced the order yet

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh::laugh: Was a quality partnership to get Sonerset home from a dodgy position

said it before I felt Somerset are the best balanced team in this seasons competition but now you will face Surrey and their stars

should be a cracking match though and whoever wins I think will end up with the trophy next Saturday night
Annoyed that Slurrey are actually playing bats in their top 4 now seems a bit unsporting, surely Atkinson could bat ahead of Roy or summat.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh::laugh: Was a quality partnership to get Sonerset home from a dodgy position

said it before I felt Sonerset are the best balanced team in this seasons competition but now you will face Surrey and their stars

should be a cracking match though and whoever wins I think will end up with the trophy next Saturday night
In theory, but Surrey's all-star line-up lost six of their group games. For whatever reason, we've often been less than the sum of our parts in The Blast. That being said, we did beat Somerset in the group stage; probably our best performance until tonight's win at Lancashire. I hope they keep Moriarty in the side. He only played because TCurran was injured, but he took the absolutely vital wicket of Buttler.

CartyDurham

International Captain
In theory, but Surrey's all-star line-up lost six of their group games. For whatever reason, we've often been less than the sum of our parts in The Blast. That being said, we did beat Somerset in the groups stages; probably our best performance until tonight's win at Lancashire. I hope they keep Moriarty in the side. He only played because TCurran was injured, but he took the absolutely vital wicket of Buttler.
That tonight was lancashires first defeat at old Trafford in three seasons

a fantastic performance to win there

I watched the stream and Jordan really captained his bowlers well

mackembhoy

International Regular
Hampshire have just confirmed their win

can’t remember offhand , all the south teams at finals day
I'm sure it's happened(although they class Northants as North so **** knows)

Edit: Happened in 2021 most recently from a quick check with actual south group sides. Not factoring in Northamptonshire is in the south.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I hate how good the southern teams are

my team Worcs usually very good in t20 but got outclassed and showed up today. They are a struggling div 2 team probably not much better than leicester

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Over all the 21 years: South will have won 11, North 10, South beaten finalists in 11, North 10 but beaten in Semi Finals 26 to 16. South to North.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Only just realised over half the Surrey team - would be more if Curran had been fit to take his place ahead of Moriarty (who has played once) - have not played first class cricket for Surrey in the championship this year. They are virtually at the stage of having two first teams on their books.

Ridiculous squad.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Only just realised over half the Surrey team - would be more if Curran had been fit to take his place ahead of Moriarty (who has played once) - have not played first class cricket for Surrey in the championship this year. They are virtually at the stage of having two first teams on their books.

Ridiculous squad.
I wonder how that fits in with the salary cap.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Blast Squad: Jacks (15), Roy (2), Evans (15), Smith+ (13), Curran (15), Curran (15), Narine o/s (15), Blake (2), Overton (15), Jordan (12), Abbott o/s (13), Atkinson (13)
Championship Squad: Burns (8), Sibley (8), Patel (4), Pope (5), Latham o/s (2), Steel (4), Foakes + (7), Clark (8), Moriarty (1), Lawes (4), Worrell (7), Roach o/s (5)

numbers in brackets games played from 15 in Blast and 8 championship.
no look in this season: Kimber, Geddes, McKerr, Topley, Virdi, Dunn, Taylor, Reifer etc.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Blast Squad: Jacks (15), Roy (2), Evans (15), Smith+ (13), Curran (15), Curran (15), Narine o/s (15), Blake (2), Overton (15), Jordan (12), Abbott o/s (13), Atkinson (13)
Championship Squad: Burns (8), Sibley (8), Patel (4), Pope (5), Latham o/s (2), Steel (4), Foakes + (7), Clark (8), Moriarty (1), Lawes (4), Worrell (7), Roach o/s (5)

no look in this season: Kimber, Geddes, McKerr, Topley, Virdi, Dunn, Taylor, Reifer etc.
And to think two years ago in the Covid days they got the ECB to call of a County Championship game up at Durham because they couldn't put out full team.

Yeoman

U19 Captain

Virdi really needs to move on and find a new county. He has gone backwards in the last 2-3 years through lack of opportunity.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how that fits in with the salary cap.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it. I remember Batty being interviewed a few months ago saying how they had to juggle things to make sure they didn't break the laws, so presumably they do fit with the cap. Maybe it helps that Pope, Foakes and SCurran are beneficiaries of various ECB central contracts. Maybe Jordan too? But I don't know how these things work really.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Virdi really needs to move on and find a new county. He has gone backwards in the last 2-3 years through lack of opportunity.
It seems quite easily for cricketers to agitate to move counties. I know he's a Chiswick lad but it's historically Middlesex probably.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Also went to school in Hayes. Regardless of how he signed with Surrey my point was that he seemed a prime example of someone who, if anything, needed to push for a more more. He went from pushing for England recognition to hardly ever playing for his county remarkably quickly.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Also went to school in Hayes. Regardless of how he signed with Surrey my point was that he seemed a prime example of someone who, if anything, needed to push for a more more. He went from pushing for England recognition to hardly ever playing for his county remarkably quickly.
You think you'd have seen what happened to Adam Riley.