• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

halba

International 12th Man
4th test attack-they should do this

1. Green (returns at #6 in, warner dropped, Head to #1 like in india series)
2. Marsh(stays of course- 130+runs in this test and 1 wicket, sorry cant drop him)
3. Neser (replaces the ineffective Boland ) - can also bat
4. Hazlewood (Starc is rested- wasnt effective this game)
5. Cummins
6. Murphy- remains, spinner change of pace

6 bowlers, keeps bowlers fresh and ENG batsmen guessing.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think marnus could open instead of Warner to be honest if we’re intent on keeping marsh

Green has to play. Someone needs to be learning and getting more experience in the batting line up otherwise it’s a side of geriatrics

Victor Ian

International Coach
from 2-0, two-1 is just a smidge away and australia are going to have to settle for a drawn series again. stokes can gagf. its doing my head in how he can just hit **** without ****ing up. if he was really that good hed do it often. the **** has sold his soul to the devil. this is exactly how those movies go.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe he made 80. Chances aside, this mob is literally stupid at bowling at Stokes and the tail. It's actually maddening to watch how bad Cummins's tactics are.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Our batting this series has been alot worse than I remembered. Everyone averaging less than 35 bar khawaja and marsh in a series where batting wasn't that hard in the first two tests.

halba

International 12th Man
Our batting this series has been alot worse than I remembered. Everyone averaging less than 35 bar khawaja and marsh in a series where batting wasn't that hard in the first two tests.
Yep. really bang average sides- is there any good test sides in the world currently? i think none. Only the AUS side of the mid 90s to mid 2000's were great at home and away and SAF was great at home and away in the 2010's led by the searing world class pace of Dale Steyn..Apart from those teams none come to mind since the 1990s. Maybe Briefly- India, about 3-4 years ago- led by jasprit bumrah and Pant but that was too brief a period due to injuries.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from 2-0, two-1 is just a smidge away and australia are going to have to settle for a drawn series again. stokes can gagf. its doing my head in how he can just hit **** without ****ing up. if he was really that good hed do it often. the **** has sold his soul to the devil. this is exactly how those movies go.
Red heads don’t have souls mate

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yep. really bang average sides- is there any good test sides in the world currently? i think none. Only the AUS side of the mid 90s to mid 2000's were great at home and away and SAF was great at home and away in the 2010's led by the searing world class pace of Dale Steyn..Apart from those teams none come to mind since the 1990s. Maybe Briefly- India, about 3-4 years ago- led by jasprit bumrah and Pant but that was too brief a period due to injuries.
I was about to reply to this seriously then saw who posted it

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still can't believe Smith lost his top at "See you Smudge". He must have been seriously ticked off by his dismissal.
He's had a subpar series despite the ton and getting out to Moeen "I can't bowl with a boo boo on my finger" Ali is definitely shameful

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If we can produce these type of decks more often where there's something in it for the bowlers and the outfield gives batsmen real value for their shots I don't mind the idea of 4 day tests.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we can produce these type of decks more often where there's something in it for the bowlers and the outfield gives batsmen real value for their shots I don't mind the idea of 4 day tests.
It’s been good to watch hasn’t it? Always something doing. Outfield is incredibly fast, like you said it adds to the spectacle

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I still can't believe Smith lost his top at "See you Smudge". He must have been seriously ticked off by his dismissal.
I think he just REALLY likes batting and gets pissed off when he gets himself out. We've seen him throw bats after making 100+, I'm suprised he hasn't stabbed someone after a single digit score yet