• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Would be a real shame if the weather plays spoil sport again, this is set up to be another cracker.

Forecast for Sunday looks OK for now, so if the ground isn’t too waterlogged we could get a full day under leaden skies which might be enough for a result.
There's three days left of play. They'll only need 120 overs for a result I suspect

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
There's three days left of play. They'll only need 120 overs for a result I suspect
I know but day 5’s forecast is nearly as bad as tomorrow’s. hopefully we get lucky and the thunderstorms hold off for long enough to get a session in.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf Wood only lasted 7 balls and the others scored nothing
Wood scored 24 off the balls he faced, and that's when we started to rapidly lose our advantage. Getting Stokes out earlier would have made a massive difference too, but it was dumb bowling to the tailenders. Just leaking runs for nothing.

Wood pitched it up and went through us like a dose.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wood scored 24 off the balls he faced, and that's when we started to rapidly lose our advantage. Getting Stokes out earlier would have made a massive difference too, but it was dumb bowling to the tailenders. Just leaking runs for nothing.

Wood pitched it up and went through us like a dose.
Stokes is just a superior being and you have to accept that

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So my Apple forecast has 30% of rain at 1300 and 1400 tomorrow. No idea if it’s more reliable than bbc but I reckon we’ll get a full day

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
An early wicket or two and this could be over on day three, but if we bat most of the day the poms will be up against it. Anything could happen, it's been a great series so far. Wish our bowlers would mix it up a bit more to the tail, too predictable IMO. An occasional 150kph Starc yorker on the stumps would be helpful. Not sure of the tactics by the quicks to Stokes when he's in t20 mode either. Seems very defensive just stacking the boundary and hoping for a mishit.

Little Davey is so well and truly owned by Broad now that it's gone well beyond Warne-Cullinan territory. He's Broad's bitch.

halba

International 12th Man
Just think murphy has issues with his bowling to be a long term test spinner at this level. Aussies will be hoping Lyon returns in the Summer v Pakistan and plays till the age of 40-41(like Anderson)

1. india curse- got a lot of wickets up front then couldnt get any /hardly any after- you never heard about them again.
2. He bowls too quick like an AFridi- as you see example Lyon/Warne greats 'drift' it in slower to get turn. To get turn, you need to be 6-7kph slower. AFridi was a good one day bowler- not so for tests.
3. He doesnt turn the ball- as per no.2
4. He has no variations, just rips them in, no variations in flight,bounce, drift, theres so many variables with this area. He's just got one stock ball. At the end of the day hes just a medium/slow bowler, not a spinner it seems to me.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Just think murphy has issues with his bowling to be a long term test spinner at this level. Aussies will be hoping Lyon returns in the Summer v Pakistan and plays till the age of 40-41(like Anderson)

1. india curse- got a lot of wickets up front then couldnt get any /hardly any after- you never heard about them again.
2. He bowls too quick like an AFridi- as you see example Lyon/Warne greats 'drift' it in slower to get turn. To get turn, you need to be 6-7kph slower. AFridi was a good one day bowler- not so for tests.
3. He doesnt turn the ball- as per no.2
4. He has no variations, just rips them in, no variations in flight,bounce, drift, theres so many variables with this area. He's just got one stock ball. At the end of the day hes just a medium/slow bowler, not a spinner it seems to me.
you get all of that from the 45 balls he bowled half of which were to Stokes at the end?

halba

International 12th Man
you get all of that from the 45 balls he bowled half of which were to Stokes at the end?
Even Mo(!) has outbowled him in this game.

Aus will obviously play Lyon as soon as he is fully fit- in the aus summer, a few months recovery likely.

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Even Mo(!) has outbowled him in this game.

Aus will obviously play Lyon as soon as he is fully fit- in the aus summer, a few months recovery likely.
Ali 2-74 so far.

Murphy 1-36 after only 7 overs in the match so far and after being given the ball when Stokes was going the tonk. It's a stretch to say he's been "outbowled". I thought it was a good change up from the waist/chest high pie shop the quicks were running.

As the best offie they have ever had Aus will obviously play Lyon when he's fit, not a lot of data as yet to write Murphy off though.

halba

International 12th Man
Ali 2-74 so far.

Murphy 1-36 after only 7 overs in the match so far and after being given the ball when Stokes was going the tonk. It's a stretch to say he's been "outbowled". I thought it was a good change up from the waist/chest high pie shop the quicks were running.

As the best offie they have ever had Aus will obviously play Lyon when he's fit, not a lot of data as yet to write Murphy off though.
Fair enough. he just needs to work on his variations with the coaches then. In between tests .He's only 22 which is a youngster in this sport.