• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
I think its feasible to say that England have their noses in front just based on the scorecard. But based on how the series has gone so far, which is far better context, I still think Aus are slightly ahead. It may well change with a good burst first up tomm morning from the England bowlers but Aus also know if they manage to blunt that burst out, they probably have the whole day for the taking, given England have only 3 fully fit bowlers and one of them is 36 or something and the other is Wood.
If England are to win they need to be batting by mid afternoon tomorrow , if there are no weather interruptions

I can’t see them being capable of a chase over 200 , the top order look shot to bits and the usual heroics by stokes can’t continue

Gob

International Coach
If England are to win they need to be batting by mid afternoon tomorrow , if there are no weather interruptions

I can’t see them being capable of a chase over 200 , the top order look shot to bits and the usual heroics by stokes can’t continue
Depends on the climate really

loterry1994

International Debutant
Slightly praying for rain for the draw

England 11/10

aus 6/5

draw 13/2

my ten bobs on Australia with the runs in the bank

I have zero faith in how England are approaching their batting
don’t get ideas about betting the draw again mate. Even if the lead like 250 England will try chase it in 40 overs or lose

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wicket in the first hour tomorrow and I think we win

These two bat the bulk of the first session and it’s going to be tricky

I’ll be driving to Wembley. Ah ****

Gob

International Coach
Wicket in the first hour tomorrow and I think we win

These two bat the bulk of the first session and it’s going to be tricky

I’ll be driving to Wembley. Ah ****
Fate of the Ashes is in the hands of Mitchell Marsh

Now that's a comforting thought

CartyDurham

International Captain
Why?

the Ashes are gone then
To keep the series still possible as a draw basically . I have zero expectation that England could win 3 tests in a row with the batting line up that’s is sealed in stone , unless a major injury occurs

the ashes were gone after the first two tests for me

anyway I’ve went on Australia to win at 6/5 as I think that’s a fair price